A pile of goodies: Icon Leveling and King Shocks

Aaron S

Reaction score
I want to say the truck looks great, but there looks like there may be parts that are causing some of your problems.

In one of your pictures it apears that the front shock is full extended and the top coil cushion is about two inches away from the coil bucket. I dont know if your going to do something with your truck that would fully extend the shocks, but if you did the coil may pop out or at least not sit back in properly.

You show a picture of the front shocks rod indicating there is 10 inches of rod out, so one would imagine the shock is a 10 inch travel shock. Carli suspension uses king shocks with some of there kits, which all are 4.5 inches of lift height in the front, and the front kings used are 10 inches of travel. Carli also uses a bump stop drop in the front so the suspension dosent bottom out on the shock.

I think its a posibility the shocks may be to long for your height front springs also causing the antisway bar links to bind a full droop.

No disrespect to your setup, id like to run kings some day as well. Just trying to prevent any accidents or breakage.

Aaron

TrickTruck

Reaction score
With everything buttoned up the spring was barely loose. It's not coming out.

I agree on travel, but after a long conversation with King I'm convinced they have hundreds of these out there and it's not a problem. Kellan gave me his personal guarantee :)

I think the sway bar links are too short and I should get longer ones.

I like the coverage the flairs gives the tires and also it adds a little 3D look to the bodyside. I like them. Need some good mudflaps though.

Reaction score
How are the shocks holding up? How many miles on them?

I've got roughly 30k on a set of 5160's and they're shot.... Looking to upgrade to King ...

Latest posts

Members online