13 Platinum build… long read but worth it

vrog

Reaction score
I have been lurking on the forum for about 6 months now checking out all of your rides. I never thought I would have got bit by the bug this bad. Somehow a few bolt on's turned into a full blown makeover.

A little background here, I have been friends with Josh ( the diesel cartel ) for a while now. We met through the custom Harley Davidson Bagger scene. Like trucks, the baggers we had were over the top full blown custom builds. We were both on a bagger forum and someone started a post your truck thread. I actually had his white dually as my screen saver not even knowing it was his. Small world! Little did I know that he was into the diesel scene. In fact at the time when we met we both had 2011 Silver F350 Ultimate Lariats. His was in the beginning stages of his then custom build. Mine was bone stock and although he tried to pressure me into some aftermarket parts I didn't give in.

I always had a thing for lifted trucks but using mine as a work truck and true daily driver I opted to leave mine stock. I then traded it in and got one of the first platinums in the north east at the time. I kept it stock for about a year and we always went back and forth about a leveling kit and some american forces and 35's. It was then I came across Jared Rice's wheels for sale. It was a great deal and Josh said Jared was good people and the next thing you know a deal was made. So then Josh ordered me up the icon 4.5 lift. I didn't feel like putting the lift on myself so I was looking for a reputable place locally to handle it. Josh then told me about Sean over at street diesel performance. I had no idea he was in CT, in fact we used to go riding all the time near his house. I mentioned to Jared that SDP was going to do the lift and he laughed, turns out thats where Jared bought the wheels.

Sean at SDP got the lift on for me and I was happy!! Well for a few weeks anyway. Seeing Seans trucks really made me wish I went bigger.
7C3993ED-16A6-483C-93E8-2288B1E7AB96_zpssiqcwsec.jpg

The truck stayed like that for a couple weeks. Then It all happened at once. I was a busy guy in the garage enjoying my time. Next up AMP running boards, H&S Mini Max, exhaust, delete, MBRP tip, G2 diff covers, recon smoked cab lights, rear cargo, tail lights, sinister erg delete, AFE intake and maybe even a few other things i can't think of.

Maybe 2 months went by and I saw a set of American Force face Plates wheels and 37" togo MT's available. Once again Josh knew Donnie Tolson and another deal was made. A few weeks later Josh's other buddy in FL wanted my wheels. I actually flew to FL for a quick get away and was able to see Josh's truck and my old wheels get delivered lol.

So the 37's needed some additional lift. So a 1" spacer for the front, 7" blocks for the rear and some traction bars all supplied by Trevor at Precision Metal Fab was on its way. Once I got that on I then ordered up all my paint to match parts for a little make it your own type thing.

The painter was swamped so that was put on the back burner. What do ya know, a set of custom headlights from Jeremy over at retro shop were ordered up!. The truck is pretty much all done just waiting on my tail lights from retro shop.

Again this is my work truck and a true daily driver with 39k on it. I keep it clean as can be. Its been a blast and I have met some real nice people along the way. Sorry for the long post but thats it in a nutshell!!!

FABE4BFE-F1FC-4C59-B97D-B168BEAE9851_zpsqccowele.jpg

4AE65C88-C8C1-4F0C-95D3-1910BA769D21_zpslm0xk4d3.jpg

3A167540-580A-4B43-8BE8-C9EE671BB385_zpsj0zuzrjp.jpg

vrog

Reaction score
Thanks guys! photobucket is not being too friendly right now. Having a hard time uploading pics

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
saw it on ig with the tail lights yesterday. sweet !!

vrog

Reaction score
Very nice! A true truck at its base as I see the Fisher push plates on the front. No reason not to work in a nice ride!

Chris

Yeah I plow my driveway, my parents and a good friend of mine. I'm going to have to figure something out with the taller tires and additional lift. It worked with the 35's and the lift now the 37's and 1" spacers may be a bit too much

Coposrv

Reaction score
Nicest work truck I have seen in awhile. Looks great, also nice to see another new englander.

smcox1

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! Just curious as to why you left the buckets of the headlights chrome?

Latest posts

Members online