Idles fine but stumbles a bit from 14-2100 rpm

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Started doing it this weekend. Idles fine but the engine has a noticeable fairly consistent miss at the above stated RPM's in park or going down the road. It feels like the power is the same though. The EGTs seems a bit high too. Anyone have an idea on what to look for?

I don't think it's injectors as I know what they feel like when one or two go. This is less noticeable but also more consistent.

Alt took a dump Saturday also. So that is the only thing that has changed in the last few months.

I need I pull codes if there are any but I am whooped from camping since Thursday.

Throw your questions at me and let's narrow this down. I will pull codes in an hour or so. Just finished unpacking.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Only code is P0611 but that is always there because of the 58v FICM.

Maybe fuel filters? It's been a while, Like 13k miles.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
Fuel filters would be a great start at those miles on them...also check fuel pressure. You said you were camping...does that me a you had a camper you were pulling? If so check deltas. Oil over temp can produce those symptoms.

MossBack

Reaction score
Is ficm maintaining voltage where you notice the miss?

Moss Diesel Service

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I have a livewire and it doesn't read FICM V or FP because it won't update for some reason. I am looking to buy the AE program from a member on here and then I will be able to datalog and get a better pic of what is going on.

There was no camper. I was actually unloaded when I first noticed it. And it has been more than 17k miles. I was looking over my maint records and I was supposed to change it last oil change and that was 4k miles ago. I have been slacking with school and the cold ass weather here. I will change filters and see.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Curious about this myself. My boss has a 2003 king ranch 250 6.0 and it started doing the same thing. When he first bought it the hpop went bad and he had it replaced and it was doing good. Then after a very short period of time it started to miss/skip at 1400,1500-2100,2200 rpms. Idle is good power is good and pulls good even when it has the miss. The only thing done to it is straight exhaust and diablosport programmer.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Oddly I think I found the stumble. I found my carrier bearing was shot. About 3/4 inch of movement. Bought a new one today and will try to get it on tomorrow. I didn't notice it but it may not have been a stumble but a vibration that felt like a stumble. I will see if it was soon. It should solve the problem that I was having with a hesitation from a start. Not an engine one but a loose driveline one. Like I had to wait for slack to get taken up from a red light. We shall see.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
h_ADD756D3-23A5-475C-8377-8254A8750ED3_zps6m43vdaa.jpg

Click the pic for a video. A lot of movement in my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online