Just replaced heads still getting white smoke

Jbird

Reaction score
Like it says just got brand new heads, gaskets and everything. Even did studs while i was at it. Been running fine. Havent put 15 miles on it yet but i noticed today when i was backing into a parking spot at the gym a small puff of white came out when i hit the gas. What could this be. Its running fine no weird noise or anything.
Its an 09 with sct. Full deletes and headstuds

Jbird

Reaction score
It did it when i first got back in it and started it. But after i got on the road it didnt happen again? Should i be taking it back to the shop??

sootie

Reaction score
is the egr still intact? could be a cracked cooler.

also-was it raining or really humid by chance?

could be moisture trapped in the intercooler, there was a bulletin on that

Jbird

Reaction score
Dont know about the smoke smell. Has egr block off plates. It was early in the day. Condensation was still on my windows. But it wasnt to humid. Not for west Tennessee anyways

Jbird

Reaction score
Egr is deleted with blocker pates. It hasn't done it since. So i stayed screw it. Threw it in race tune and let her have it. No problems runs great. No white smoke. Not pulling the boost i was before the heads and head studs but thats because my transmission is so weak im sure

Reaction score
Might be the turbo.. Mine would send puffs of white smoke only when I turned or left a stoplight.. Turned out I spun the shaft and destroyed my s472. I got it rebuilt and am taking it easy now..

sootie

Reaction score
Might be the turbo.. Mine would send puffs of white smoke only when I turned or left a stoplight.. Turned out I spun the shaft and destroyed my s472. I got it rebuilt and am taking it easy now..

you got your motor running again? i thought you blew it up

Reaction score
No sir lol needs new connecting rods and all that bs. Gonna take your advice also and gonna go ahead and build it right. Gonna get 100% tips and a midwest duel fuel kit. Then gonna throw a cast s480 in front.

webb06

Reaction score
No sir lol needs new connecting rods and all that bs. Gonna take your advice also and gonna go ahead and build it right. Gonna get 100% tips and a midwest duel fuel kit. Then gonna throw a cast s480 in front.

S480? Wow that's a big dude to make street able

Latest posts

Members online