[Urgent] No Forward Gears After Switching From 4wd To 2wd (ESOF)

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So my buddies 2000 7.3 CCSB DRW he was hauling the excavator climbed a hill. Switched from 2wd to 4wd went up the hill. Came back down switched from 4wd to 2wd and he has no forward gears but has reverse. He said he can hear the transfer case click in from 4wd to 2wd and 2wd to 4wd but he still has no forward gears only reverse. No odd sounds no trans codes no blinking 4wd lights Truck revs up in D 2 1 tried to switch from 2 to 4wd click in but no go. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Did you get it by now? Try to engage the transfer case again then back again

Yup tried that still only reverse. Got down to his house he told me that the transmission was slipping this morning towing the excavator on the interstate. He also told me that the transmission was slow to engage into gear in the morning for the past 3 months . pulled the dipstick trans oil looked like engine oil LOL. I think the trans was on its last leg.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Yup tried that still only reverse. Got down to his house he told me that the transmission was slipping this morning towing the excavator on the interstate. He also told me that the transmission was slow to engage into gear in the morning for the past 3 months . pulled the dipstick trans oil looked like engine oil LOL. I think the trans was on its last leg.
Yea that's definitely not good lol, I wonder what the trans temps were

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
How many miles on truck?
I bought mine used and ran it for 80k before I changed the trans oil. It was still red, a little dark but still had color

Latest posts

Members online