Valair dual disc clutch for 6.4L!

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Yes you read it right, I picked my ride up last night from Valair clutch with there very first 6.4 powerstroke dual disc clutch! I've gotta say I am really impressed, the pedal is soft and easy, it's smooth and quiet, and best of all it's all from parts made in the good ole USA!

87jumpy

Reaction score
I helped a friend install one in a dodge. Way smoother and quieter than my south bend dual disc in my 6.4.

Jgon08

Reaction score
I have been hasseling with heath to get me one for Awile he kept saying they weren't getting Anywere I'm going to have to give him a call. What's the rating on it?

lukesdiesel

Reaction score
It will be a few weeks before they are ready to ship.

FYI Heath no longer works at Valair

Luke

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Well i decided to bump it up and put H&S's hot damn 300 tune on! The clutch is working and holding great! I'm hoping to get to a dyno in next few weeks to get a better idea of where I'm sittin on hp....

JDub

Reaction score
Well i decided to bump it up and put H&S's hot damn 300 tune on! The clutch is working and holding great! I'm hoping to get to a dyno in next few weeks to get a better idea of where I'm sittin on hp....

The customers we've got running the 300 tune have all been around the 550-565hp range.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
The clutch is holding up great on the 300 tune! Installed a 5 inch exhaust last night, now time for an intake and some dyno runs!

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Engagement is a little grabby but being ceramic it will be, I have not towed with it yet...
I have not made any dyno runs yet, the place I am going to use is suppose to be doing a dyno day soon! And yes I really like this clutch alot!

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Not that I could tell, it only had about 55k miles when the clutch was put in so the tranny is pretty tight.... If anything might have helped with shifting because you can push the pedal about 1/3 of the way in and it is released where you can shift...

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Installed afe stage II intake today! The more I drive the truck the more I like the clutch, it's still doing awesome! Still workin on gettin strapped to some rollers, the guys have not had the dyno day yet....