Gearhead tunes

drservo

Reaction score
Just got some gearhead tunes. Which is the strongest Hot street or Race?
Haven't had a SCT in a while, what are the best settings, shift firmness ect?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I love my Race - give it a try without any adjustments.

My race gave me a few minor hiccups last night. I didn't datalog it because I was just driving up a hill going home but I felt it jerking and just happened to look at my DD and saw it surged to 29k FRP and backed off to 27k FRP at the throttle position I was at. It didn't do this in my datalog of the WOT run though :shrug:

Other than that, I was amazed at how smooth the power comes on and how there is hardly any smoke, even when pulling out with heavier throttle. My Xtreme Street tune smokes worse at takeoff.

MINK

Reaction score
My race gave me a few minor hiccups last night. I didn't datalog it because I was just driving up a hill going home but I felt it jerking and just happened to look at my DD and saw it surged to 29k FRP and backed off to 27k FRP at the throttle position I was at. It didn't do this in my datalog of the WOT run though :shrug:

Other than that, I was amazed at how smooth the power comes on and how there is hardly any smoke, even when pulling out with heavier throttle. My Xtreme Street tune smokes worse at takeoff.

Really? My gearhead tune was purchased to get rid of the surge I was having with my Innovative tunes lol. These trucks seem finicky (sp?) when it comes to tuning anyways so who knows, could just be an odd glitch. Keep me posted on if it comes about more often and Ill see if I can make mine do it or not for reference.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Really? My gearhead tune was purchased to get rid of the surge I was having with my Innovative tunes lol. These trucks seem finicky (sp?) when it comes to tuning anyways so who knows, could just be an odd glitch. Keep me posted on if it comes about more often and Ill see if I can make mine do it or not for reference.

I will, I'm gonna run it for a few days and see if I can get it to do it again. If I can I'll hit the datalog button again and see if it'll tell me anything.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I dd the race. I have my shift pressures bumped up 10%. There isnt a whole lot of difference in the 2. Race has more fuel down low at heavy throttle, and more timing on top. You dont really feel much of a difference untill the pedal is to the floor.

My race has hit 29 at the track right at launch a few times.

Cory S

Reaction score
so i gues my hpfp is getting weak?

what is the conversion by the way if i am using livewire?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I've noticed that the shifting on the hot street and race shifts so hard at heavy acceleration it causes me to lunge forward, then back, etc etc so that I end up surging the truck very bad due to my right foot. Haven't had a clean WOT run yet. Gonna keep trying to iron the problem out with my right foot, but if I can't get it soon I guess I'll have Matt adjust the tunes. I feel like it has more to do with my foot than the tune though.

Cory S

Reaction score
I've noticed that the shifting on the hot street and race shifts so hard at heavy acceleration it causes me to lunge forward, then back, etc etc so that I end up surging the truck very bad due to my right foot. Haven't had a clean WOT run yet. Gonna keep trying to iron the problem out with my right foot, but if I can't get it soon I guess I'll have Matt adjust the tunes. I feel like it has more to do with my foot than the tune though.

with my built tranny i have the shift pressure on -15% and it shifts clean and crisp. i was having the same problem

drservo

Reaction score
Well I put about 10 miles on the race tune this AM, it is an awsome tune. The best part is almost no smoke, even when crusing aroung before the turbos are lit and stomp on the pedal there is only a tiny puff of smoke. Any other high HP tune I've run it would smoke out an intersection when doing that. Shifts are great and power is comparable with Spartans 310. I dont feel the TC unlock for a few seconds then lock back up like it was on Spartans tunes. Will report back when I get some more miles on it.

drservo

Reaction score
When loading the tune do yall adjust for the tire size? Mine are 35s so do I enter actual 35 on the SCT? What effect does this have on tuning?

pog

Reaction score
I found leaving it at 33 works perfect for my toyo mt that are 35s. It changes speedo calibration

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
I have been hearing alot of good things about gearhead tunes currently i have a DP and am considering making the switch what do you think the difference between the two would be?

LovinPSDs

Reaction score

Do you have traction bars? from what I hear, after the basics this is the best possible thing to do, and it's next on my list

drservo

Reaction score
You are right, bars are the second best mod I have done besides tuning. The shifting is night and day difference after bars.

Latest posts

Members online