Resurrecting a pile of crap.

6.0Powerjoke

Reaction score
We have been looking for a tow rig for quite some time now. Went and looked at a few 6Leakers but couldn't pull the trigger on any of them.
Finally came across what seemed like a good deal on CL.
2008 F-450 King Ranch with a bad motor.
Of course, like everything else I have looked at it was not as described. LoL
Bit the bullet anyways as the deal was right(IMO) and it was more truck than we needed.
Truck got delivered today so I figured I would start a thread to document the "build" process.
The truck is ROUGH around the edges. She was worked and not really cared for. I don't understand how someone can buy such a high dollar vehicle and treat it this way.
The plan is to either build the motor if the block can be saved or find a low mileage motor and stud it and drop her in.
Obviously it will be deleted and tuned. Not sure what other performance modifications she will get.
Then we will focus on making her a little more presentable.

Myself or Conner will try and keep the thread updated as best as possible.

null_zpsf79895c1.jpg

null_zps72bb0759.jpg

null_zps94e7ad39.jpg

null_zps2824d252.jpg

null_zpsc3ce40f7.jpg

null_zpsf311d729.jpg

null_zpsb11b5098.jpg

null_zps464804f1.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Sweet find! From the pics it looks pretty clean to me!

Wanna tell us what you gave for it? Or pm me. I'm just curious!

Have fun with the build!

weazel

Reaction score
Man, good find, good luck with the build

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
At least this thing went to a good home. For the price you can't beat that thing. This was my buddy's dad's truck lol

Ragu9000

Reaction score
I drove this hog before. And i detailed it twice lol. (obviously not in a long time) glad to see it being torn apart so quick. good luck! check the rear shackles too

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Also after getting the cab off looks like the wrist pin on #8 came loose and dug two grooves into the walls of #8

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
lol. Im doing this exact seneario. bought the truck with a bad engine. truck is from Texas. the dealers down there aren't very brite to say the least. Reason being, i'm building the trucks 4th engine in 106k.

They didn't see the need to replace the injectors that torched the first engine.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Have any of you tried sleeving a 6.4? I have nothing against a properly done sleeve with a step in it so it can't move. I also Know that the bottom of the 6.4 cylinders don't have a ton of meat compared to a 6.0 due to the larger bore.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Have any of you tried sleeving a 6.4? I have nothing against a properly done sleeve with a step in it so it can't move. I also Know that the bottom of the 6.4 cylinders don't have a ton of meat compared to a 6.0 due to the larger bore.

don't bother with sleeves. not worth the risk. they will move.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
don't bother with sleeves. not worth the risk. they will move.

Do you have experience with them moving? BC I have an engine I bought to build and not sure if the cylinder with the bad piston is salvageable with out boring it out, so I was gonna have the machine shop sleeve it before I start my build. Maybe I should just punch it out? Sorry OP for the highjack.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I don't mind there is very little info out there on sleeving these things. I don't see a sleeve that is installed with a step in the block and the head clamping it down moving. There are high hp sleeved engines out there. I think the main concern is the thickness of the bottom of the cylinders and whether there is even the meat there to sleeve it.

Latest posts

Members online