Midwest diesel work stock 6.4 build

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
As the title states the truck is a 2008 f250 ccsb it was featured in the June issue of diesel power. the truck was my daily driver until a couple mouths ago. In the middle of harvest it started a miss and had low compression in two cylinders.

u4ajezeq.jpg

The truck just had an intake tuner a delete on it for almost a year. Then The first part of my build was the reliability stuff

Studs
Spring
4 in down pipe
Flo pro elbow
Lp batmo wheel
Air dog
Innovative tunes

Nothing to crazy, then the fall before this it developed a high pressure fuel leak and wouldn't start. After finding that it was a lose fitting I didn't get tight. we added 30% nozzles, a dragon fire, and a hp batmowheel. It ran great for about three days then the trans had enough. Then built the trans and had fun with it. Started adding some more over the winter and spring including no limit intake and inter cooler, dual shocks, traction bars. When summer came around I pulled it a couple times. After that I decided to a tow powers and ended up going with rcd 75/59.

Then it got expensive fast I hooked it that night and bloke the low reverse hub and ruined almost everything from the converter and input shaft to the output shaft. Not a good day to say the least.
udeqe2uq.jpg

Finally got it back together with a new rcd convertor and input shaft and Morgan built the trans again and added billet internals. At that point it ran for a while, I dynoed a scheid and layed down 811.1 hp. It ran into fall and hooked one more time. It ran for about three weeks. Then one day it started a miss and had a lot of blow by so I parked it until about a week ago.

Now the plans are as follows

R&R rods
Midwest forged pistons
Ati damper
Balanced rotating assembly
Stage three Midwest ported intake manifold
Midwest cam
New lifters
6.0 manifolds and up pipes
Waste gate
Single rear wheel Dana 80
4:10 gear swap
Tru trac for the Dana 80
Full head porting
Fuel bowl delete
Convertor lock trans tunes

I'm going to build a hitch as the factory ford hitch is bent after just a few hooks and will be adding a roll pan, stack and possibly a weight bracket in the bed for suit case weights. I'm going to try and get it as light as possible so I can have movable weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hit me up for an intake and some upgraded intake piping. i'll hook ya up ! nice truck man.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Nice. That should be about as close as you can get to "bulletproof" when you are north of 800 RWHP....except are you sticking with the II pump? If so, I am guessing you can't run duals for your pulling class?

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Nice. That should be about as close as you can get to "bulletproof" when you are north of 800 RWHP....except are you sticking with the II pump? If so, I am guessing you can't run duals?

Correct we can't run dual hpfp in workstock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.4strokin

Reaction score
Sounds like ur on the right track for a great workstock truck Morgans a stand up dude also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Took the heads off the engine today and found this.....
y9e5ere8.jpg
front driver side, cylinder wall looks to be good at this time but won't know for sure till it's all the way apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Just because you only hear the people that had problems, doesn't mean that there weren't thousands out there that we're working fine. We've had really good results considering. But since they have a higher failure rate than stock doesn't mean they are ALL bad.

Not defending Industrial, but you never hear the good things as often as the negative. Goes true for anything.

Latest posts

Members online