DHDP Build

Poglife

Reaction score
Finally ordered the last of my parts today so I figured it'd be a good time to start my build. I cracked piston #7 a few months ago and it to a chunk out of my block. It was already bored .20 over from the previous owner so I couldn't salvage the block.
Darkhorse diesel performance will be doing the build once the parts start to roll in.

Truck already had when I bought it:
Darkhorse ccv reroute
Darkhorse up pipes
Tow powers 58/71
Elite fuel bowl delete
Elite stg 2 valve springs and pushrods
Air dog II
No limit intake
Banks intercooler
Flo pro hot side pipe
Deisel site boots
Ported fuel rails
Built tranny
Tru trac
Newton Trac bars
Spartan

New parts going in:
Midwest .30 piston coated/Delipped
Midwest stg 2 cam
Midwest stg 2 ported intake manifold
Mini maxx
New oem lifters
Oem rods
New arp studs

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Last edited:

Poglife

Reaction score
035-96CAD3305700-4965-0000021ADE1471DB_zpsfabc451e.jpg

B585Ford

Reaction score
So did you have another block or what are you using?
The ported rail would scar me just cause of some having surging issues, but otherwise sounds like it should be a very reliable/durable build.

Poglife

Reaction score
So did you have another block or what are you using?
The ported rail would scar me just cause of some having surging issues, but otherwise sounds like it should be a very reliable/durable build.

I bought a used block and heads w/ 80,000 miles on it
Haven't had any issues with surging before so well see how they do this time around. Also have 6.0 manifolds in there

B585Ford

Reaction score
I bought a used block and heads w/ 80,000 miles on it
Haven't had any issues with surging before so well see how they do this time around. Also have 6.0 manifolds in there

So are you boring the block or was it already?

Fair enough on the surge....some people do and some don't. It stands to reason, you should be fine if you didn't have a problem before. I just suggested that because at least for now, you don't need a ported rail and for the people who did have issues, it was really frustrating. Again, I doubt you will since you didn't before. Good luck with everything.

Poglife

Reaction score
So are you boring the block or was it already?

Fair enough on the surge....some people do and some don't. It stands to reason, you should be fine if you didn't have a problem before. I just suggested that because at least for now, you don't need a ported rail and for the people who did have issues, it was really frustrating. Again, I doubt you will since you didn't before. Good luck with everything.

I'm boring the block soon as the pistons get here.
If the ported rails weren't already on the truck I wouldn't bother with them but I also have a stock set also just in case

Poglife

Reaction score
a8edenyd.jpg

Only one I have . Putting it on the trailer. But block was in decent shape. Gaskets weren't leaking when we disassembled it number one cylinder had some rust in it . Reason for the boring. Front cover was cavitated but all I wanted was heads and a block and those were good so I'm happy

Motostroker

Reaction score
Nice build man! It sucks what happened. But atleast you have a solid build underway.

I never had surging issues when I had it. You should be fine. Keep me updated and let me know if you need anything else.

Poglife

Reaction score
8esu3ame.jpg

All my gaskets and misc bearings and rods came in today. I love brown Santa. Thanks sunrise ford

Latest posts

Members online