Motor Mounts

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Anyone ever change the factory motor mounts? I'm thinking that it would be easiest to just use a 4x4 and a floor jack up on the exhaust manifold. Anyone think that will cause problems? I don't have a particular problem with my motor mounts, but both my T/C and 5sp shifters shake quite a bit running down the road, I think the mounts are on the way out.

Truck is a 97 F350 CCLB, 5spd, 7.3.

MossBack

Reaction score
i would start with the trans mounts but it wouldn't be very hard. I would do one side at a time and have them loose.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I just had to swap them on a motor I was dropping in my truck. Good luck if it's a northern truck, it was a pita even with the motor on a stand.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Its got 185K on it. I'm pretty sure they are the original mounts. The truck was originally purchased in Missouri, but has a Texas registration sticker, and I actually bought it from a guy in San Diego. Hardly any rust on it at all. What do you guys think of the 4x4 to exhaust manifold idea?

MossBack

Reaction score
Its got 185K on it. I'm pretty sure they are the original mounts. The truck was originally purchased in Missouri, but has a Texas registration sticker, and I actually bought it from a guy in San Diego. Hardly any rust on it at all. What do you guys think of the 4x4 to exhaust manifold idea?

that will work. I would only do one side at a time you will need about 1"-1.5" to clear the threads.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I thought the motor mounts on these trucks were pretty tough. I didn't replace mine when I had the motor out. Probably should have though.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
The driver side motor mount on mine pulled apart. The OEM mounts are obsolete from Ford but Vintage Parts bought the old stock from Ford. You have to know the part number in order from Vintage. I have the part numbers home.

DSC_0468_zps35d46cdb.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

markfuga

Reaction score
Call your local Dealer's parts dept and they can look up the part numbers and order the mounts from Vintage Parts for you to pick up at the dealership. I called and got the part number from my local dealer and their price to order the mounts. I took the part numbers the dealership gave me and ordered direct from Vintage Parts myself. Saved me $3.00. The dealerships get a discounted price from Vintage that average consumer's don't. Had I known that I'd of bought local instead.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.