Code p2263 turbo/ boost performance?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
What exactly does this code mean, or reason/reasons it just throw this code & will not clear.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
My truck kept throwing that code after I put the single turbo on it and it would go into a limp mode and the truck would be gutless, even with the vein motor plugged back in it would still throw the code after 10-15 minutes of driving...gearhead tuned my truck and it hasn't came back since, I think I searched it before and some guys were saying to check the EBP sensor and tube first.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If I remember the right code it was either when I blew the EGR bellow or when the Exhaust Back Pressure sensor tool a crap. Check you up pipes for leaks. On your tuner look up the MAP and EBP with key on engine off should be atmosphere.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
When I was getting the code it ended up being the MAP sensor. I could see it happening on the DD... I would watch boost and at an idle it would be -0.2 or -0.3 then it threw the code.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I still have this code new EBP sensor and tube from ford. Code still pops every once and awhile pigtail and wiring to the sensor is on good condition. Normal boost and EBP readings with KOEO and at idle.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Check your up pipes. When mine was causing problems I didn't find it at first. The way I found mine was by accident when I was looking to remove the drop pipe for the EGR coolers. If your engine is clean you can feel around them and if you have black in your hands you found it. Just be careful a blown bellow can be really sharp.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Check your up pipes. When mine was causing problems I didn't find it at first. The way I found mine was by accident when I was looking to remove the drop pipe for the EGR coolers. If your engine is clean you can feel around them and if you have black in your hands you found it. Just be careful a blown bellow can be really sharp.

Bellows are clean no soot on the bellows or firewall.the pipes actually look brand new.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I just noticed you just said you had a new EBP sensor. What's the readings for it?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I just noticed you just said you had a new EBP sensor. What's the readings for it?

KOEO

14.5 psi

KOER /idling

15.7 psi

EBP A 48 psi to 20 psi boost (48-14.5 = 33 EBP)

EBP A will sometimes go to 80 psi EBP on hard pulls. (80-14.5) = 65.5 (EBP) with (40) psi boost.

Does these numbers sound right?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Yes they do. Watching MAP and EBP wiggle the connections. If up pipes are good, the sensors are reporting correct data and the turbos are not laggy or anything I would say a bad connection.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yes they do. Watching MAP and EBP wiggle the connections. If up pipes are good, the sensors are reporting correct data and the turbos are not laggy or anything I would say a bad connection.

If you can move the conversation to my thread over here

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54599

I have a full rundown on what I found and some info that might be important.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Also yes the turbos are laggy. It feels like a single turbo truck and smokes really bad. The only time it really has power is when the TC locks. other than that it feels like its 7.3 LOL. it even sounds like a non VGT truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIbWHLYsrcA&list=UUzuqXOixRZyka_AHebGHvgg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Changed out the EBP sensor, code went away. Now it's throwing P006B?

I apologize about the derail man. I didnt look at the screen names wehn responding before.

That code is usually for the EBP or the tube is clogged. I would pull the tube off and clean it out if you can.
If the tube is clear and not leaking check the readings are not going nuts on the EBP or MAP sensor.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Not a problem, pulled the tube off & ran pressurized water thru it. Then put the new EBP sensor on. Drove to work w/ No codes. Went to lunch the P006B popped up. Cleared it, started it about an hour later & it didn't pop up. Turbos were pretty laggy on the way in to work. But it was also 90+ & humid as hell.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
On drive home it was building no boost, p2263 came back. Map on my sct was going crazy reading over 100 at 60mph cruise.

Latest posts

Members online