Gearhead

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Sent Matt an email on 9/11 & havent gotten a response. Should I just call them? I read that after upgrading turbos 59/71 that I should get some different tuning from stock turbo tunes.

I'm also getting what I think is rail pressure surge around 50-60mph when towing. The #'s hop & down around 10 digits. Engine has around 1600 miles on it. HPFP & injectors have less then 10k. Only thing that hasnt been changed out for new is the low pressure pump, could this be the issue? Truck has 110k miles on it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sent Matt an email on 9/11 & havent gotten a response. Should I just call them? I read that after upgrading turbos 59/71 that I should get some different tuning from stock turbo tunes.

I'm also getting what I think is rail pressure surge around 50-60mph when towing. The #'s hop & down around 10 digits. Engine has around 1600 miles on it. HPFP & injectors have less then 10k. Only thing that hasnt been changed out for new is the low pressure pump, could this be the issue? Truck has 110k miles on it.

yeah just call and ask for lars .

3brorce

Reaction score
Larz will most likely answer the phone. Dont think you are going to need different tuning though for drop in chargers though as fueling is already maxed out. May want to get the surge handled however.

sootie

Reaction score
you require different tunes to control vane positioning when you upsize the vgt charger.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Called & left a message yesterday, called again today. Still can't get ahold of anyone.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Called & left a message yesterday, called again today. Still can't get ahold of anyone.

That's odd. Matt has always responded to my emails that day and every time I have called, someone was there during normal business hours (Central time).

RSK

Reaction score
I'd give them a few days to even return your call. It's taken them a few days to return my calls, and sometime 5 days to email me a tune, sometimes i've gotten revisions in as little as 4 hours. depends on how busy they are. be patient!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
There are some trucks that surge at that speed/rpm. Mine was one if them. Same tune from truck to truck and one might surge and the other one won't. It has to do with how the computer reads the different tables, and interprets the data. He will make a few changes to the tables, and you will be fine. You will have to do a little data logging, to narrow down the spot, and he will take it from there

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I'll give em till Monday before I call again. Tree Trimmer, mine only does it while towing tho, which is odd.

dmkolb

Reaction score

I'd bet he over looked your email or is just crazy busy. He also only works on this stuff in the evening is what he told me so don't expect a response during the day. It's pretty commom to get responses from him at 11PM at night. I just emailed him about adjusting shift firmness and he responded the next night with an updated file. Send him an email again or just call him. Also I email Matt directly at his own email so maybe that is why I get quicker responses.

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
mine only did it while towing as well.

my dads only did it empty.

it does not matter.

on my livewire, i monitered pulse width, injector timing, rail pressure, mass fuel desired, pedal position, and engine rpm.

in order to send that to him, because the live wire is incapable of sending as far as i know, i simply video'd the playback, loaded to you tube, and sent him a link in a email. alot of fking around, i know, but when you think about it, i only had to do it once, and not bounce back and forth going no, it still surges, no it still surges, and keep loading tunes while he attempts to fix things blindly.

push the pedal slowly, find the surge, and while recording, make it surge.

using those things i monitered, he fixed mine first try. as he can physically "see" the surge, where it starts, where it stops, and what it's doing to make it surge.

Gearhead

Reaction score
You don't need updated tuning for the upgraded chargers even the vgt. The backpressure commanded will take care of it and i set the precontrol tables a little aggressive anyway.

ckrueg

Reaction score
You don't need updated tuning for the upgraded chargers even the vgt. The backpressure commanded will take care of it and i set the precontrol tables a little aggressive anyway.
Are the precontrol tables the vane position tables? Also what usually causes surging?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score

The tunes I got from you are a couple years old, has there been any updating since then?

Gearhead

Reaction score
If you are having issues maybe we fixed it. Otherwise no.

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score

Didnt think so, thanks for clearing that up.

Latest posts

Members online