Egr delete question

Torquewrench

Reaction score
I have an 08 6.4 and deleted the dpf with 4" exhaust, afe cold air intake, Spartan tuned, and have the egr shut off but no blocking plates in(700 miles on delete). I can't remove the egr all together because I need for visual smog. What can I do to keep the soot out of the egr but make It look like it has not been tampered with?

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I'm looking to do the same thing but I'm still trying to find info and what's the best way to go with the egr, delete it or block it and info on what's required. I cant find anything with the search bar

webb06

Reaction score
If your state doesn't ever require any smog testing then just do the deletes. If they require a visual or inspection then you're better off doing the thin block plates

Jbird

Reaction score
Hes said they did visual inspection so block off plates held down by the factor bolts should do the trick

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I made some thin plates and slid them in on a few trucks. You can't tell their in there unless you knew exactally what your looking for.

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
The only thing I did was I put a plate on the bottom before the horizonal cooler but I left the tin gasket on the "feed side"(the pipe side) and slid the plate in. That way it kept the exhaust from leaking. And for the one up top I left the tin gasket on the intske elbow side and slid the plate in to keep from leaking any boost pressure.

Latest posts

Members online