BDP Air Force Wheel vs wicked wheel 2... what one is better????

e99 7.3

Reaction score
So i have a e99 7.3 with with all your basic bolt on's, custom tuning, and a d66 turbo that comes with a BDP Air Force Milled Compressor Wheel already in it... I saw on dieselsite.com that they make a wicked wheel 2 for my d66 turbo. I was thinking about changing out my compressor wheel to a wicked wheel 2.. Dose anyone know if i will notice any difference with a wicked wheel??? More hp? More tq? Lower egt's? More compressor noise? Is the wheel any different at all?

e99 7.3

Reaction score
if anyone knows anyother companies that makes better compressor wheels let me know!!

Jennifer@Dieselsite

Reaction score
^ this.

Heard you call today and talk to John (I think, right? Small world if I just happened to get another D66 Air Force wheel call today heh).

Is our wheel better? Yes, we think so at least when we designed it and tested it.
Is it worth the $259 over the one that's in your turbo now? No, probably not.

The designs lead to different results. I don't think they sell the same design (number of fins is NOT all thats in the design) as ours but they may have been going for different results.

We wanted bottom, medium, and top end performance from our wheels PLUS SURGE CURE where another wheel might be designed for better bottom and medium or just for top end. Or they just bought it from a catalog. I don't know really how these other companies are doing it. Some are even selling wheels we designed in testing but ended up not making the cut so now that part number sits in a fancy wheel catalog.

I try to be realistic with guys because we can see what's happened to the billet compressor wheel market since introducing the Wicked Wheel® 2s. You must be careful and cautious because billet copies of cast wheels literally add no performance increases and a lot of people are jumping on the "performance" train. It also doesn't make a lot of sense to see some ebay stores or companies offering an 8/8 then a 6/6 then a 7/7 then a 4/4 all of which supposedly have the same results as the one they were previously selling but wait this one is suddenly better! Blows my mind.

I wouldn't put Beans in that category at all though... if I know Ryan (and I don't, never met him) I'm sure he'd never sell a product without testing it first. It's not ours, but I doubt it didn't have performance gains. I'm sure there is no reason for you to swap it out unless you're bored and have the cash.