bulletproof oil cooler half kit

twitch02x

Reaction score
So far haven't seen any bad reviews, but wanted to check in here before I order it. 3 new oem oil coolers and they keep getting clogged. Have done the restore and restore plus flushes multiple times. Oil still runs about 230 on highway. With summer coming I'm just gonna do the half kit. Feel free to pm me with pricing.

twitch02x

Reaction score
60 views and no posts, kinda scares me but went ahead and ordered it anyway, will post back once installed.

devdiesel

Reaction score
If you clogged 3 oil coolers already I would say you have something else going on here that you need to figure out... Adding another cooler is just going to cost you money when it clogs up to

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Their stuff is high quality nothing to be scared of, however I would look into why you've clogged three coolers. I have 229K on mine and I have clogged two but I'm about to do my own remote mount cooler using BDP parts and putting a coolant filter ahead of the oil cooler to catch any crud.

attachment.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I agree with eric^
BPD's parts are very high quality and well made.

If your clogging oil coolers like that, do what Eric is doing and just convert it to a Oil to air cooler system and mia the factory oil cooler completely. BPD can provide all the necessary part's to complete the job. This is also on the list for my personal truck. Though, 120k, I've only done one oil cooler to mine and it wasn't clogged.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Damn that picture came out huge, sorry guys tried to edit it after I realized but it was too late.

These parts though are to take a factory cooler and remote mount it outside of the engine valley. I'm just splicing the coolant filter between the motor and the factory oil cooler to catch any debris that may go through it.

twitch02x

Reaction score
The cooling system was in very bad shape when I boufht the truck, I have since done 3 flushes with restore and restore plus, and have a coolant filter on it. I haven't changed the cooler since I've done the last two flushes but I'm pretty confident it's clean, and I have 0 cavitation on cover.
next time I have turbos off I'll go ahead and replace the cooler but until then the bpd kit should work well.

It has no coolant ports to get clogged up for the person who mentioned that earlier.

twitch02x

Reaction score
That setup would be ideal but still got to have turbos and intake off to install it. The half kit installs in a couple hours.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yeah we had a customer that ran straight water in his for over a year before he parked it and then brought it to us, the amount of rust and iron deposits I got out of the cooling system and block would blow your mind.

twitch02x

Reaction score
Dang guess your pretty close seabreeze, I work in tomball at Breaux machine. One of the owners won that rzr that h&s gave away. You drive the white 6.4 with traction bars

twitch02x

Reaction score
Oem, they aren't failing per say it's just garbage from the cooling system clogs up the coolant side of the cooler.

twitch02x

Reaction score
Wow the bulletproof kit is top notch, install went pretty easy, and so far haven't seen over 199° even going 90 on interstate for few miles.

Bubba8

Reaction score
Hey guys I have not been on the forums in a while. Been really busy. Hate to keep bringing up old post but, I seen where someone was talking about " Eric's setup. The air to oil cooling". Can anyone post a link to that setup or post? I'm really curious to see how or what he is doing to bypass the oem cooler. Thks for any helps friends

Latest posts

Members online