mini max

naturalgreenthumb

Reaction score
I have a new mini to install wondering if anybody has and tip or tricks for the install? I have a straight pipe already with the sensors in it but not plugged up so I assume it has a h&s tune on it already and not sct since there not plugged in with the dpf delete. It was like that when I bought it 2 yrs ago. I have found the purple ignition wire to connect to. It has the high sulfur calibration so the emissions selection should be selected removed for the straight pipe? Also wonder what tune selection easy,mild, or hot d to use for towing? I do dd my truck and pull 6000lbs 3-4 days a week. As soon as I get it hooked up I bought the mcc unlock and gearhead tune package from mike at no limit just goto install it to send him my #'s. Thanks sorry for the long post

sootie

Reaction score
if you are running the mcc unlock and custom gearhead tune, the H&S tunes dont apply. just go to menu>install download>import custom tune, enter the mcc unloac code and follow the prompts. when you are towing just bump the tune level down.

naturalgreenthumb

Reaction score
Its a new mini max so the tunes it has are the box tunes that come pre loaded.
Thanks for the reply sootie I was just wondering about the canned tunes because I have to email my engine,trans,vin to mike to get the unlock code and gearhead package. So I dont know how long that will take him I assume not long but I am east coast and he's west. I just assumed you had to have the mini installed to get those numbers to send to him.

sootie

Reaction score
nope-you just have to export the stock tune using the mini maxx and then email the files on...

Last edited:

naturalgreenthumb

Reaction score
To clarify I have a tune loaded on my truck but no tuner. I have a straight pipe downpipe back with bungs and sensors screwed in them but the sensors are not plugged in to the truck.

naturalgreenthumb

Reaction score
I wish i knew what was on it though if its just a dpf delete or tow or what because I am ok with it somewhat. Not ok with no tuner and monitoring capabilites.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I would recommend that you coordinate with gearhead and a dealer to get your truck reflashed with a stock file to start fresh from or see if you can get a stock file from gearhead just so you know what you are starting from. I had to do this with my old 6.0 when my SCT died on me with a race file in it!

sootie

Reaction score
Why? H&S overwrites whatever is there. nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Members online