Coolant Filter and CCV mod

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone made a coolant filter for the 6.4 that mount under the hood like the 6.0 one does. I have power steps and dont think itll fit with them on the frame. And i also noticed my lower intercooler boot has some oil on it. Looked online and seen this could be from the CCV. Would this be a good guess and would rerouting the CCV to the rear of the truck fix this issue?

Thanks guy!

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
Forget to mention im looking at a Mishimoto intercooler, is that a good intercooler? And also on the ccv mod would it be best to get big enough heater hose to slip over top of the ccv hose then get a hose clamp to keep them together? Also what size heater hose would i need?

capt dong

Reaction score
Coolant filter kits t off the little hose on top of the radiator and the heater line by the firewall. From there you can run lines to the filter head and mount the filter wherever you have room.

Check turbos for oil leaks.

wackyman9

Reaction score
Maryland performance makes a beautiful ccv reroute kit. And chances of the ccv putting oil in the intercooler very high...
efd14c8e8898e59e54920ae3a7e03d27.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

f350guy

Reaction score
My coolant and trans filter kits are from Diesel Site. I am sure if you just lengthened the coolant hose, you could put it wherever you felt.

BTW, where are you guys finding 1" heater hose?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
op- call us and we can package everything you may need, and answer all questions.

Latest posts

Members online