6.4 Fummins

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
Found a local 6.4 with no motor in it, I'm thinking it's ideal for cummins swap, has anyone done this or know if there's a kit for the conversion? Seems like a great project, but also don't want to be in it for another $20 grand and 6 months to finally getting it running

ncollins64

Reaction score
Your gonna be out ALOT of money and time if you want it done right. Half ass and right is two different things. Speaking from experience don't do it. There's always lil gremlins and issues. Just my .02

NY_Mott

Reaction score
When my 6.4 Cracked a pistion I looked into a swap as most of my buddies are Cummins guys.
I found a site which I don't remeber name of but they offered alot of the stuff needed.
So I added up the money and well no thank you...
Plus from my understanding it hurts hresale value unless you find that special buyer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Destroked has everything you will need. But it's not cheap. We have swapped a '13 6.7 Cummins into a '08 6.4 body. Used the factory TCM to run the 5R110. Shifted a million times better than any PCS controller could do. After fixing all the wiring problems and nonsense left over from someone else's attempted install the guy had close to $40K wrapped up and had been without the truck for a year.

Myself, along with plenty of other reputable shops on here can build you one hell of a 6.4 for that kind of money.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We just finished putting a 2012 6.7 cummins engine into my personal 2008 F350 King Ranch

BD Diesel compounds, injectors, stroker CP3, ect... John Wood built 5r110 being shifted through the factory TCM with an SCT and Hardway EFI Tuning the engine.

It certainly isn't cheap to do it correctly, but the end result is killer and totally worth it!

08Monster

Reaction score
If you want a Cummins, get a Cummins. Fix or build the 6.4 and have a much better engine in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
We just finished putting a 2012 6.7 cummins engine into my personal 2008 F350 King Ranch

BD Diesel compounds, injectors, stroker CP3, ect... John Wood built 5r110 being shifted through the factory TCM with an SCT and Hardway EFI Tuning the engine.

It certainly isn't cheap to do it correctly, but the end result is killer and totally worth it!
Build thread anywhere?

6.4f350

Reaction score
You'll have 2-3x the money, time, and problems in it as you would with just putting a 6.4 back in. I don't see any real benefits to it either, other than just to say you did it.

BOSS450

Reaction score
People keep saying to fix the 6.4 and go back with the 6.4
The trucks a roller. So figure the price of the motor and trans into it. for that reason I can see the price point. And perfect time to get rid of the 5r

Reaction score
People keep saying to fix the 6.4 and go back with the 6.4
The trucks a roller. So figure the price of the motor and trans into it. for that reason I can see the price point. And perfect time to get rid of the 5r

There is a way to do it cheap:

Find a roached out 12 valve that still runs, throw a headgasket and studs in it. Put the pump on kill. NV4500 trans with southbend or whatever your preference.

At that point you need engine mounts, modify the trans cross member, pedal assembly out of stick shift 6.4, fan shroud, Tach converter box. From there you can adapter all your temp and pressure sensors to the cummins to make the dash work. Oh, and have drive lines built.

Latest posts

Members online