New Best, deeper in the 11's (stock-appearing)

Rubenk

Reaction score
So I made a new personal best this weekend. 11.58@118mph with 1.58s 60'. Nothing ground breaking, but still exciting for me! I've kept it stock-appearing to enter all the work-stock sled pulls around here, but its doing well on the track too I think.

2008 F250 190k miles
Factory 3.73s
BTS 5r and converter
Arp Head Studs
No Limit Intake
Rudy's CAC pipe
4" SDP Downpipe with a de-lete pipe, rest factory exhaust
RCD 75/59 stock appearing turbos, rebuilt with 360 thrusts
60% Midwest nozzles on factory(assuming) injectors
Dragonfire HPFP
Midwest pushrods and springs
PMF 4 Link front
Front TrueTrac
PMF Traction bars rear
Midwest built dana 80 rearend with TrueTrac
18" Bogart aluminum wheels
325/45 Hoosier DR2 drag radials

Guesstimating around 7300lbs with the race wheels on.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It probably has more in it as-is, but I'm done for the year. Hoping to get dual-fuels on over the winter and then I can monkey with the wastegate to see where those factory-style turdbos can get me, until a piston exits anyways...If they survive till I can get spray, then i'll spray till something goes!

78f100

Reaction score
Is that a old dragon fire or bought recently? I've been curious how the newer ones have done.

Nice times!

Last edited:

Rubenk

Reaction score
Is that a old dragon fire or bought recently? I've been curious how the newer ones have done.

Nice times!

Its an older one, had some miles on it when I bought it. Seems to be solid so far.

For sale soon too if you're interested.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
So I made a new personal best this weekend. 11.58@118mph with 1.58s 60'. Nothing ground breaking, but still exciting for me! I've kept it stock-appearing to enter all the work-stock sled pulls around here, but its doing well on the track too I think.

2008 F250 190k miles
Factory 3.73s
BTS 5r and converter
Arp Head Studs
No Limit Intake
Rudy's CAC pipe
4" SDP Downpipe with a de-lete pipe, rest factory exhaust
RCD 75/59 stock appearing turbos, rebuilt with 360 thrusts
60% Midwest nozzles on factory(assuming) injectors
Dragonfire HPFP
Midwest pushrods and springs
PMF 4 Link front
Front TrueTrac
PMF Traction bars rear
Midwest built dana 80 rearend with TrueTrac
18" Bogart aluminum wheels
325/45 Hoosier DR2 drag radials

Guesstimating around 7300lbs with the race wheels on.

It probably has more in it as-is, but I'm done for the year. Hoping to get dual-fuels on over the winter and then I can monkey with the wastegate to see where those factory-style turdbos can get me, until a piston exits anyways...If they survive till I can get spray, then i'll spray till something goes!

Sounds like fun!

Fwiw on your weight, I had an basically identical 100% stock body, no add-ons, 08, 4wd CC, auto and with 1/4 fuel, empty bed and factory 18's it weighed just over 8300 lbs. Aside from your Dana 80 which might have a few pounds on the 10.5, you should be at least 8300. Good luck!

Rubenk

Reaction score
Sounds like fun!

Fwiw on your weight, I had an basically identical 100% stock body, no add-ons, 08, 4wd CC, auto and with 1/4 fuel, empty bed and factory 18's it weighed just over 8300 lbs. Aside from your Dana 80 which might have a few pounds on the 10.5, you should be at least 8300. Good luck!

Weighed mine multiple times. I'm around 7300 race weight.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Too crazy, mine was always in the 8k range w/ two folks.

Are you striping anything off to reduce weight?

Last year track weight was 7195 with 1/4 tank, full interior, downpipe only exhaust, and factory sterling rearend.

Was 7600 the other day with more fuel, full exhaust, cab full of ****, street tires/wheels, and my now Dana 80. I weighed 73xx recently too, but I dont remember what exact setup I was at. I took the rear seats and center console out of it a few weeks ago. I really should write all the details on my scale tickets, the details get pretty fuzzy over time haha

I dont have a scale near enough to drive to on my race wheels, but I can tell you they save a LOT of weight. They dont weigh more than 50-60lbs each. I can one hand pick them up and put them on.

I think my heaviest ever was 78-7900 at a brush pull scale that was very "heavy" for everyone.

All weights including me at around 170lbs.

Last edited:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Last year track weight was 7195 with 1/4 tank, full interior, downpipe only exhaust, and factory sterling rearend.

Was 7600 the other day with more fuel, full exhaust, cab full of ****, street tires/wheels, and my now Dana 80. I weighed 73xx recently too, but I dont remember what exact setup I was at. I took the rear seats and center console out of it a few weeks ago. I really should write all the details on my scale tickets, the details get pretty fuzzy over time haha

I dont have a scale near enough to drive to on my race wheels, but I can tell you they save a LOT of weight. They dont weigh more than 50-60lbs each. I can one hand pick them up and put them on.

I think my heaviest ever was 78-7900 at a brush pull scale that was very "heavy" for everyone.

All weights including me at around 170lbs.

wheels- are you afraid of cracking them on normal driving, or are they not rated for our trucks?

Rubenk

Reaction score
wheels- are you afraid of cracking them on normal driving, or are they not rated for our trucks?

he probably doesnt want to chew his slicks up

Yep, the tires are super soft so I avoid miles on them. I've ran to a couple car shows 10-15 miles away a few times, but otherwise track only.

The wheels are their 2 piece street wheels so no concerns with them.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Oh and cant forget, i'm running Jim's unicorn blood in the engine, both diffs, and fuel treatment! I have the ATF here too, just havent swapped it out yet.

d.evil

Reaction score
Very nice! 4WD Launches?

What were your EGTs at the far end? My truck is going under the knife soon for a similar set-up (precision 72/59 compounds, studs and supporting mods, but stock fuel for now) With stock turbos and ******** tunes I'm hitting the 1400-1500* defuel quickly, even on the lesser tunes. I'm hoping more air will help out with this, along with the nice power bump.

Should scoot pretty well in a bare bones single cab 2WD!

Rubenk

Reaction score
Very nice! 4WD Launches?

What were your EGTs at the far end? My truck is going under the knife soon for a similar set-up (precision 72/59 compounds, studs and supporting mods, but stock fuel for now) With stock turbos and ******** tunes I'm hitting the 1400-1500* defuel quickly, even on the lesser tunes. I'm hoping more air will help out with this, along with the nice power bump.

Should scoot pretty well in a bare bones single cab 2WD!

Yea definitely 4wd, thanks!

I haven't looked at EGTs in a while, they're just a number anyways! On stock fuel with the 75/59 it was hard to get it over 14-1500. On stock turbos/stock fuel it was real easy to get 1700+. The turbos will help immensely in that aspect.

You should get with 08TwinTurbo and pickup a set of his 2wd wheels/tires for yours! Heres a thread on it http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70557

d.evil

Reaction score
Yea definitely 4wd, thanks!

I haven't looked at EGTs in a while, they're just a number anyways! On stock fuel with the 75/59 it was hard to get it over 14-1500. On stock turbos/stock fuel it was real easy to get 1700+. The turbos will help immensely in that aspect.

You should get with 08TwinTurbo and pickup a set of his 2wd wheels/tires for yours! Heres a thread on it http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70557

Cool yea I've been following his progress with his 2WDs. Looks like a nice (and necessary) set-up! 1.4x 60's is gettin it!

08twinturbo

Reaction score
If you ever need any help please let me know. I'd be glad to help on the wheels. We definitely have a setup downpat for 2wd and 4wd.

Latest posts

Members online