Cam

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
RCD vs Straub vs EDE vs Colt

I know usually, consensus is a RCD or Colt stage 2.

I know info on different cams have changed alot recently

Anyone running the others?

6.0 or 6.4 doesn't matter.

Looking for user feedback.

Any other info is welcome though.

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
There's an elite billet 1X cam in my motor.

I don't really know how people are going to post real world data comparisons on this.

Without swapping betweens cams on the same truck while on a dyno and seeing the difference in power curve, RPM curve, temps and other parameters I don't know how else you would accurately compare them amongst one another.

All I know personally is that cammed trucks do sound different than stock cam trucks (but that's obvious) and it helps lower temps and it helps drive turbos by moving the power curve.

Between my cut pistons and the billet cam and twin pumps with big 100% Nozzles my bottom end of my truck is really loud. My buddy was shocked the other day how loud my motor is at idle, he thought it was misfiring lol

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
There's an elite billet 1X cam in my motor.

I don't really know how people are going to post real world data comparisons on this.

Without swapping betweens cams on the same truck while on a dyno and seeing the difference in power curve, RPM curve, temps and other parameters I don't know how else you would accurately compare them amongst one another.

Was just looking for "whoever had what cam, and how they like it" kind of thing.

Info on drivability, egt, yada yada yada LOL

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Was just looking for "whoever had what cam, and how they like it kind of thing".

Drivability, egt, yada yada yada LOL

Oh No don't get me wrong, I get what youre asking, I wasn't trying to be a dik or anything, just me personally that's how I think.

My input would be as I said....helps drive turbos harder into the higher RPM's, lower EGT's, lower temps all the way around, and I look cool cuz when people ask I say yeah, there's a billet cam in there. Because that really matters..... not :morons:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have a side action diesel one (straub). And I think it made a difference. And before anybody gets their g-string in a wad. Hear me out. No I didn't do a back to back cam test. But I have a 6 speed with a 68mm high pressure. And it has zero issue spooling that setup (68 over 82) on 35 inch tires. I DD the truck and haul with it quite a bit. Actually my buddy has been hauling with it quite a bit recently and it tows with little effort. I truly believe that the stock cam or even a regrind wouldn't have as good of results. But that's just my .02.

Reaction score
I have a side action diesel one (straub). And I think it made a difference. And before anybody gets their g-string in a wad. Hear me out. No I didn't do a back to back cam test. But I have a 6 speed with a 68mm high pressure. And it has zero issue spooling that setup (68 over 82) on 35 inch tires. I DD the truck and haul with it quite a bit. Actually my buddy has been hauling with it quite a bit recently and it tows with little effort. I truly believe that the stock cam or even a regrind wouldn't have as good of results. But that's just my .02.

42e1732d4d930e96e128a873d33656a1.jpg

7c9fe05a9abc9e2d73d29e34975934a3.jpg

In reply to powerstroked08 comment on the (SAD/straub) I have hauled combined weight with truck and trailer over 24k with this setup multiple times and it lights incredibly fast and little effort to haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thank you for the good feedback boys ! Me and Chris worked hard on this between testing and flowbench work along with donating a LOT of time back to back trucks before we even shipped them to anyone. The collaboration on these cams was both exhausting and fun at the same time! Glad you guys are using the hell out not only our products but the items between the meeting of the minds ��

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
That's the kind of feedback, I wanted to hear. Keep em coming

Anyone of y'all have any videos of the straub cam at idle?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
In reply to powerstroked08 comment on the (SAD/straub) I have hauled combined weight with truck and trailer over 24k with this setup multiple times and it lights incredibly fast and little effort to haul.

also whats done to your truck?

Roccafellas

Reaction score
This may be off topic, I am running a Dynamic Diesel stage 1 cam..along with his stage 1 master overhaul kit
I have heard from one other person running Paul's cam, that he blew his oil cooler, and upon inspection of internal engine parts, noticed he had some "weird surface cracks" on a couple of the rear lobes
He switched to RCD..
My questions..
1.) without blowing my oil cooler and ripping my engine apart to physically see these cracks.. how would I know? what symptoms may occur? What could happen?
2.) Cheap material is the cause? Or what would cause this?
3.) should I get that cam outta there...? Not to bash. I don't do that, It's for longevity and reliability I use this as my DD.

Ceramic coated de-lipped pistons .20
RCD high rev valve springs-these have A LOT of seat pressure.. could that contribute?
Chromoly pushrods
HD lifters with upgraded circlip.
Studs etc.. basically built engine minus fuel and air.

I have a stock 08 harley f250, and comparing drivability and running. The cammed engine idles a little higher than the factory engine and it is much much much more responsive.. snappier etc. But the built engine is so much louder.. maybe the valve train noise or maybe bottom end? But definitely audibly louder. Same oil.
Love my cammed engine tho

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.