07 6.0 a/c not accepting refrigerant

dbanks21953

Reaction score
Need a little help here. My a/c is not cooling like it should, so I hooked up my gauges to add a can of refrigerant. The compressor cycles on and off like it’s just low. I turn on the valve and the darn thing won’t take the refrigerant. This has never happened to me so I start googling why. I found a video that shows how to bypass the low pressure sensor which make the compressor run constantly and it still won’t take any in.
I’m thinking something must be stopped up (maybe drier and orfice tube), but I wanted to check with you guys before I start throwing parts(and money) at it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRUBBS

Reaction score
I would find someone with an actual setup (whether it be an old school gauges and a big bottle, or a machine) and have them try it, but look and see what the pressure are doing. I have had some of them DIY cans, and adapters not want to work before, where it dont push the valve in the can down enough to flow out

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What is the pressure reading on the can when you’re trying to charge it? Also, have you used shit with stop leak in it before?

dbanks21953

Reaction score
Low side was about normal,20-40.
I don’t remember exactly what the high side read, but it was low too.
Never used anything with stop leak in it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Low side was about normal,20-40.
I don’t remember exactly what the high side read, but it was low too.
Never used anything with stop leak in it.

You were trying to charge thru the low side, correct?

If so there are a few common reasons it won’t take any.

1-your source tank is empty, or lower pressure than the low side
2-you did open the hand valve when you installed the hose onto the service port, correct? Open is tightening it down
3-aftermarket junk ac service kits sometimes won’t open the service port, as was stated in the reply before my first reply.

Anything other than that isn’t very typical. If you had a restriction anywhere to the point of it not accepting refrigerant, your low side would be extremely high, or 0-in a vacuum as the compressor cycled. You would probably also remember what your high side was as it would be ****ing high.

dbanks21953

Reaction score
First off, thank you for the reply’s.
I assure you the manifold was hooked up correctly. I sorta know what I’m doing, I’ve just never run across this issue before.
Now that you’ve said it, it makes sense, if there was a blockage one or both gauges would read very high.
My initial thought when I first started this mess was that I had a bad can of refrigerant. I’m going to get some more tomorrow and try that.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
First off, thank you for the reply’s.
I assure you the manifold was hooked up correctly. I sorta know what I’m doing, I’ve just never run across this issue before.
Now that you’ve said it, it makes sense, if there was a blockage one or both gauges would read very high.
My initial thought when I first started this mess was that I had a bad can of refrigerant. I’m going to get some more tomorrow and try that.

Hey man, no offense meant, don’t know you from anyone. Lots of dumbasses post issues that are as simple as plug it in or something like that, so gotta double check the basics.