2008 6.4 blowing radiator cap

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
My friends 6.4 blows the degas cap every time he races with the 485 TUNE. He has a egr delete kit with new Rbp studs and gaskets. Installed by the ford dealer

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
What kind of gaskets? Sounds like there leaking again. If the coolers are off that's one of the only ways to pressurize the cooling system.

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
The dealer gave him a 1 year warranty on the gaskets and studs.

My barn has more horsepower than my truck.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
There are no ARP gaskets, and I don't know what RBP (other than the wheel and grill company) is. Since you posted in RCD, I will assume you mean that...RCD sold the Black Onyx gaskets for a while, which were notorious for having issues (they have since switched to an OEM style I believe)...doesn't change the fact that if the dealer didn't check the heads beyond what Ford tells them to do, there is no guarantee that they are flat or without cracks, which will lead to HG issues later on...

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
There are no ARP gaskets, and I don't know what RBP (other than the wheel and grill company) is. Since you posted in RCD, I will assume you mean that...RCD sold the Black Onyx gaskets for a while, which were notorious for having issues (they have since switched to an OEM style I believe)...doesn't change the fact that if the dealer didn't check the heads beyond what Ford tells them to do, there is no guarantee that they are flat or without cracks, which will lead to HG issues later on...

Good call. Slipped my mind dealers usually never have them checked.

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
I'll forward the info to him, thanks guys

My barn has more horsepower than my truck.

Latest posts

Members online