6.4 Engine Rattle Need Help

TRUBBS

Reaction score
its really weird but the truck stopped making the rattle noise since I changed the fuel pump out . drove it for a while today and not a single noise . I hope it stays that way 🤞 Im still going to swap the injectors, rockers and bridges and maybe even the hpfp . just so I have a piece of mind . Im passed the 250k mark with the original pump and injectors so there is probaply not to much life left in them lol . I keep you all posted while I go .
You might have heard what a lot of guys call a timing rattle, fuel rattle or fuel knock when it was runnign low.

A lot of folks hate on the 6.4L but I actually love them, I think they are great engines as long as the owner understands what they are, and is willing to spend the money to fix them, and fix them at once not one piece at a time, and let the truck nickel and dime them untill they hate the truck.
Dollar for dollar the 6.4 perfromance is hard to beat!

floridadiesel83

Reaction score
You might have heard what a lot of guys call a timing rattle, fuel rattle or fuel knock when it was runnign low.

A lot of folks hate on the 6.4L but I actually love them, I think they are great engines as long as the owner understands what they are, and is willing to spend the money to fix them, and fix them at once not one piece at a time, and let the truck nickel and dime them untill they hate the truck.
Dollar for dollar the 6.4 perfromance is hard to beat!
I agree , I love my truck that's why I'm putting the money in it . never had any big issues and considering the milage the fuel system is overdue anyways .

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Miles mean nothing.

Especially when most of the stuff I touch has 35k mi 6700 hrs and 4200 idle hours.

True story on a 15 6.7 I just did up