6.7 electrical ghosts.

heavydstransport

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2014 f350 with the 6.7, it's on a diet, tuned with 5" exhaust. I recently had my dash light up like a Christmas tree. Showing service advance trac, exhaust filter overloaded and it pops up the wrench symbol. Tune is bullydog sotf through the sct bdx. Had the setup for a little over 6 months and haven't had any issues with it. But now I'm getting a u0401 code and when I put the truck in drive the transmission immediately goes into 5th gear and will not drop back down into 1st. I tried re-tuning a couple different times with the same setup and got no results. I left the batteries unhooked all night hoping it would clear itself up but no joy. Any input would be awesome. Thanks.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Have you contacted the tuner? I don’t think there will be much support for that exact device? Checked out the harness around the engine and trans? All truck grounds? Battery’s testing out?

heavydstransport

Reaction score
Have you contacted the tuner? I don’t think there will be much support for that exact device? Checked out the harness around the engine and trans? All truck grounds? Battery’s testing out?
Been trying to contact the tuner but no luck on getting them to answer yet. Also been trying to find just a basic tune to try and see if it's the tune that's causing the problem but everyone wants so much for a tune that unfortunately that's just not an option for me. Checked harnesses and plugs. Did find some burnt thru wires on the pigtail that goes to the back pressure sensor, intake manifold, and turbo. Cleaned that all up thinking Mayne that's what caused it but no luck there. Grounds are all good and batteries are still good.

heavydstransport

Reaction score
Tried flashing back to stock? You would still have an engine light on but see if that changes anything?
I did. Went crazy but it didn't have the problems I was having with it. Sitting in my truck now setting it back to stock to see if there's any change to it after doctoring up some wires that had worn thru. Wish me luck.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is the exhaust still on the truck? If it’s not try unplugging the plug on the pcm that’s closest to the engine, see what that does. It sounds like you’ve got something pulling vref down and the trucks going into retard mode because of it. May have to get a scanner on it to verify what’s actually going on. I’ve had sensors and modules cause it. So it’s not really easy to say it’s probably this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Is the exhaust still on the truck? If it’s not try unplugging the plug on the pcm that’s closest to the engine, see what that does. It sounds like you’ve got something pulling vref down and the trucks going into retard mode because of it. May have to get a scanner on it to verify what’s actually going on. I’ve had sensors and modules cause it. So it’s not really easy to say it’s probably this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That and if the tuns went corrupt. That happened with my 12 and when i wrecked it sootie and i tried return it to stock and the world lit up. He had to put his fleet tuner mini max on it to flash it to a Mexico tune.

Id highly recommend switching to proven tunes and a new device.