7.3 drop in turbo line-up

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
All of these turbos are fully rebuilt with 360* thrust bearings, fully component and assembly balanced, come with a 1 year warranty, and feature a 66mm billet compressor wheel. All components will be coated for appearance and longevity before they leave. All turbos will have a 4" inlet compressor housing.

Depending on the intake setup you are running, a 4" inlet boot may be required to purchase as well.

Polished compressor housings will be: $175 extra

1999.5-2003 trucks:

S1: 1.0 A/R non gated exhaust housing: $1250

S1.5: 1.0 A/R Internal wastegate: $1450

S2: 1.15 A/R Non gated exhaust housing: $1350

1994-e99 trucks: Only one option at the moment.

S1: 1.15 AR Non gated exhaust housing: $1120

Pictures are of our S1 Superduty turbo. This is our top seller and the turbo we would suggest to most looking for a great upgrade in the 400-500hp range.

20140325_084515_zps2wx0vish.jpg

20140325_085658_zpsoxougzgg.jpg

20140325_085731_zpscxdzwtkn.jpg

20140325_085738_zpsni33zcuo.jpg

Shipping to the lower 48 is a standard $40

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick, this is just a SD version of a d66 no ?

its the same price as a 38R... I guess I don't see what the benefit is ?

please explain ?
on edit: the fact that it is rebuildable does seem appealing. any idea how it flows compared to a 38r?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick, this is just a SD version of a d66 no ?

its the same price as a 38R... I guess I don't see what the benefit is ?

please explain ?
on edit: the fact that it is rebuildable does seem appealing. any idea how it flows compared to a 38r?

This billet compressor wheel will outflow your box 38r. A guy who bought a 38r and then took the time to install a billet wheel on that 38r (for $200-$250 extra) would then have a similar product flow wise.

And regardless of the 38r being "new", I wouldn't consider this to be any less of a product. Our balancing specs and attention to detail make this custom turbo as good or better than brand new. Turbine assemblies rarely come out of a core and meet our specifications, so majority of our turbos will come with a new turbine assembly, new turbine housing, new compressor wheel, new compressor housing, new high flow outlet. The only pieces you could call "re manufactured" here would be the center section casing which has all brand new garret pieces to rebuild it.

This is never going to outsell a 38r, because of the name the 38r has...but I know for a fact it will out perform a box 38r.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Are these done in house?

live life full throttle

We have a location locally that assembles and balances for us. We have kept all of the production process local so we can keep an eye on quality control, deal with warranty issues (if any arise) first hand, and keep costs as low as possible.

Last edited:

Petro

Reaction score
This billet compressor wheel will outflow your box 38r. A guy who bought a 38r and then took the time to install a billet wheel on that 38r (for $200-$250 extra) would then have a similar product flow wise.

And regardless of the 38r being "new", I wouldn't consider this to be any less of a product. Our balancing specs and attention to detail make this custom turbo as good or better than brand new. Turbine assemblies rarely come out of a core and meet our specifications, so majority of our turbos will come with a new turbine assembly, new turbine housing, new compressor wheel, new compressor housing, new high flow outlet. The only pieces you could call "re manufactured" here would be the center section casing which has all brand new garret pieces to rebuild it.

This is never going to outsell a 38r, because of the name the 38r has...but I know for a fact it will out perform a box 38r.

Impressive. Do you guys plan on offering more exhaust housing options for the OBS and E99 guys? Would the 1.15 housing be a little laggy with a 6 speed?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Impressive. Do you guys plan on offering more exhaust housing options for the OBS and E99 guys? Would the 1.15 housing be a little laggy with a 6 speed?

The OBS and E99 come with the stock housings for right now,

1.15 is a stock OBS A/R
1.0 is the stock van A/R

I miss typed in the original post.

None of those options will be laggy if the truck is at least custom tuned with a good intake/exhaust.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I have thought about building one of these myself using basically those same parts... the answer I got over and over is the center section wont handle the about of boost needed for 450 hp.... I am not discrediting this don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to seeing some side by side dyno comparisons with the 38r.