DashDaq XL

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Got my used dash daq XL today. I plugged it into the truck and searched for signals. It only came up with six related to the cooling fan. So I called Drew technologies. First thing they had me do was read off the serial number. Turns out it's a Spartan tuner. Well now I'm pumped as I've always wanted to try their tunes. Now, how can I tell if it's vin locked? And if it is can I still re-license it with Spartan? Also if it's vin locked can I use it just for gauges on my truck?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Get ahold of Spartan it costs money to.UN vin lock. You should still be able.tiff.use the gauges no problem

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Plug the USB cord into you spartan and hook it up to your PC, exit out of the gauge screen and click on tuning. Then click accept, now click on status. If you see a VIN there then its locked and will require purchasing an unlock from spartan.

one2nine

Reaction score
Get a hold of jeff on here he'll be able to help you out or shoot Mick an email about how to get it unlocked.

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Absolutely! But it's been some leg work so far. I'll believe it when I have the license in hand! They need original owner and phone number to re-license.

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
So I was able to update the Dashdaq. What parameters should be monitored and what should the high and low limits be set to? I searched but came up with limited info. Links?

Members online

No members online now.