e99 Zf6 trans leaking

Newtothegme

Reaction score
So my zf6 trans started to leak MOTOR oil today truck has never leaked since i have own the truck it was coming from the bottom of the bellhousing drain!!! Will be pulling it into the shop tomorrow to take a look. Just wanting to know if anybody has had the issue, and of course what helped lol!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, it won't be motor oil if your trans is leaking. Or if its that bad then your trans is past due for a oil change.. if it is actually motor oil then i would get a extendo mirror and look under and behind the turbo. Ods are, the o rings are out.

How many miles on motor?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So my zf6 trans started to leak MOTOR oil today truck has never leaked since i have own the truck it was coming from the bottom of the bellhousing drain!!! Will be pulling it into the shop tomorrow to take a look. Just wanting to know if anybody has had the issue, and of course what helped lol!!
Or oring in the valley somewhere.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the truck has 188,000. its definitely motor oil dark, smells, and taste like it... had to make sure!
Ok. Then inspect where i mentioned. If valley is full then look around hpop and if its only wet in the rear then more than likely turbo o ring seals are out. Dont let anyone tell you its the rear main seal either... those dont go out. Its like 1 in 10 million that actually do. Lol

Possibly could be the high pressure rail plug o ring as well on one head or the other on the very rear of the head. Big hex head plug. But again those aren't as common.

Newtothegme

Reaction score
Thank you so much lincolnlocker!! Yea my dads a gasser guy I'm the blacksheep first thing out of his mouth was rear main seal.. When i take a look tomorrow ill let you know what i find!!! thanks again

Members online

No members online now.