EGT plate Kit with idatalink maestro/Kenwood indash?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Hey H&S,

Just installed my new kenwood GPS DNX570HD reciever in my 6.7 with the idatalink maestro RR module that retains all factory voice and sync controls and also wires into the obdII port..Everything works perfectly and I am very impressed so far...I can monitor my gauges with this as well which makes my truck in stealth mode...but heres my question

I have the XRT Pro, I want to monitor my EGTs on the track running a plate kit...

If I do exactly what is required in instructions, as far as hooking up one of the old EGT sensors from old exhaust goes, will I be able to see the accurate readings like everyone else does with the minimaxx? I did notice it said to set pryo settings to factory in the minimaxx menu instructions online? Most of all will it work or is there anyway to do this in XRT Pro MCC since it just got released? Right now I can choose between tons of gauges to display and one option is EGT but as of now it is turned off :(

All input appreciated!! Yall r #1!

Jon

Last edited:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Heres what it looks like:

Attachments

• 1271889_10151877625225775_1061069836_o.jpg
    1271889_10151877625225775_1061069836_o.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 137

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
The idatalink modules Ran 180$ shipped and the kenwood screen was 750 installed :)
I need to repost this in the 6.7 aftermarket section I cant get any answers from anyone on here...Would be awesome if I could even pay for a custom tune just to enable the EGT monitoring with an XRT PRO

135Hoster

Reaction score
If you buy the EGR block off plate with the bung, and connect one of your pyros from the old exhaust to that bung, then you will have accurate EGT readings.

HOWEVER!

You will not be able to act on those EGT readings. My Minimaxx has pulled fuel I don't know how many times due to high EGTs (above 1400F)

You could try a OBD2 port splitter.

That Maestro link is pretty spiffy. We just did the radio in my buddys 09, we had to get some pacificPAC? module to retain a bunch of crap.

135Hoster

Reaction score
If you buy the EGR block off plate with the bung, and connect one of your pyros from the old exhaust to that bung, then you will have accurate EGT readings.

HOWEVER!

You will not be able to act on those EGT readings. My Minimaxx has pulled fuel I don't know how many times due to high EGTs (above 1400F)

You could try a OBD2 port splitter.

That Maestro link is pretty spiffy. We just did the radio in my buddys 09, we had to get some pacificPAC? module to retain a bunch of crap.

Also after having slept on it, unless there is something plugged into your OBD2 port, I don't think this module is hijacking it. I think it just lives on the canbus like everything else. so you should be able to run the XRT and everything else at the same time.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Yes the idatalink maestro does with like two wires I think. It was really detailed almost looked like an engine harness lol. Thanks again bud for replying to that I cant wait to do the plates finally! Ill post pics of all of this when Im done, its gonna be slick!

pacebria

Reaction score
Did you figure this out, I am getting ready to install my stuff and want to make sure how I need to set the tune up to have EGT's show up on so the Idata can read it. I am not worried about defueling if I can watch the EGT's.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Sorry for late response...Im actually installing the plates this weekend and will let you know afterwards...If the EGT option does not show up on idatalink after harness install, I think you and I both will be giving H&S a call for help or a tune file LOL

Latest posts

Members online