Fuel ports on heads OBS/SD

Big Bore

Reaction score
They are different right? I have a set of fresh heads (30K) from an OBS that I was thinking of having some work done to for my build. But the other day I was pulling the homemade lines off the motor they are on in the 96 and it hit me that they either need to be tapped for the bigger threads, or wont work at all. I made some really nice lines with new fittings to replace the shytty lines off the banjo, and I was actually planning to tap the banjo eventually, but now that motor is my donor for the build since it's fresh and I know where it came from (I built it with block and heads from International in Denver).

Big Bore

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the replies. On to the next step, sending heads to machine shop. Is it reasonable to be nervous having fire rings cut on a perfectly good set of heads?

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
lot better to junk a head(s) then to ruin a good block. but don't worry it is fairly painless when you use a good cutter and plate and should cause no issues to a good machine shop as long as they meet your specs. BTW we cut the rings in the heads here at SWAMP's as well.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would be finding a shop with experience for this job. Have you written up about your overall plans here yet?

Whytry

Reaction score
Make sure you get a good machine shop I have heard some bad stories of some shops messing heads.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yea the shop I found has done quite a few 7.3 heads, including valve jobs and porting etc. They mostly work on Cummins but have a lot of experience on the 7.3.

Latest posts

Members online