I’m lost…

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Been fighting this for awhile. My truck has intermittent dead pedal. Caught it in the computer a couple times, loses 1 signal for a quick second, then pedal goes dead. Throw it in neutral, fire it up, works. Sometimes it’s noticeably underpowered, like it’s still missing one of the signals, most times it’s fine. Before I caught it on the computer, threw a pedal at it. Had to put a Dorman on, as fords are obsolete and I’ve got adjustable pedals. That didn’t work, and then found the Dorman pedal was out of spec on resistance, and felt like shit. Put the old one back in, and it was fine for a week or two, and went back to being shitty. Load tested all the wires, no issues found there. Had it go dead pedal coming into the shop on me once, idled it into the bay, left it running, and got the volt meter on it. All voltages were fine, and restarting the truck fixed the issue again.

Also am getting a very intermittent issue of a p0148 code which is fuel delivery error, and it seems like it batch fires the injectors when it throws that code. That code says to clear it and if it comes back put a pcm in it.

Put our spare race truck pcm in, and no change. Still does the dead pedal, and have had the p0148 twice in the week or two the pcm has been in it.

Anybody got any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
i had a similar problem on a six oh excursion and it was tune related. switched tuners and it went away. (i see you have swapped the pcm so probably no help)

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
i had a similar problem on a six oh excursion and it was tune related. switched tuners and it went away. (i see you have swapped the pcm so probably no help)

Been thinking that too. But I’ve been on the same tune for a bit. Using hp so I can tune it myself. I will try switching tunes and see what happens as well.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
How are ficm connectors

Decent if I remember right. Think one of the injector ones may be broken, so I’ve got heater hose under the connectors to hold them in. Main harness and injector harness were new with the engine 30k or so ago.

Sixfoh

Reaction score
This may sound silly but is the charging system all working correctly? Buddy had put a high amp alternator on, upgraded hot and ground wires along with it. On the hot wire they recommend a 200A fuse in line. Well we must have touched something because we half burnt out the fuse, took a bit to trace it. Replaced the fuse and the truck woke up again. Again i believe this is unlikely, but figured id give you some food for thought.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
This may sound silly but is the charging system all working correctly? Buddy had put a high amp alternator on, upgraded hot and ground wires along with it. On the hot wire they recommend a 200A fuse in line. Well we must have touched something because we half burnt out the fuse, took a bit to trace it. Replaced the fuse and the truck woke up again. Again i believe this is unlikely, but figured id give you some food for thought.

Charging system seems ok, haven’t checked ac voltage on it. I’ll check that. It charges at 13.8-14.0. I do have both batteries on the drivers side, and the passenger positive is taped up with the alternator power wire attached due to the compound kit.

bismic

Reaction score
P0148:

Fuel Delivery Error: Power Monitor Activated. actual RPM's exceed requested RPM's (by the PCM) which can be caused by an alternative fuel source, CKP or CMP interference (electrical) or a faulty PCM.

In other words, something is making your engine run faster than the PCM wants it to OR something is telling the PCM the engine is running faster than it's supposed (whether this is really happening or not).

One problem that has been seen is a BADLY clogged air filter can cause a vacuum in the intake duct and it can pull in oil vapors from the ccv system.

Another source MIGHT BE the FICM.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
P0148:

Fuel Delivery Error: Power Monitor Activated. actual RPM's exceed requested RPM's (by the PCM) which can be caused by an alternative fuel source, CKP or CMP interference (electrical) or a faulty PCM.

In other words, something is making your engine run faster than the PCM wants it to OR something is telling the PCM the engine is running faster than it's supposed (whether this is really happening or not).

One problem that has been seen is a BADLY clogged air filter can cause a vacuum in the intake duct and it can pull in oil vapors from the ccv system.

Another source MIGHT BE the FICM.

Every time I’ve gotten this code has been taking off from a light. Ccv is not going into the engine, air filter is cleanish. Won’t say perfect but not crazy. Also, running compounds, and not using any oil, as far as inlet side or exhaust side.

Starting to lean toward something in the tune. Guess it decided to say **** off for no reason whatsoever. Although i did throw in a pedal from my bosses excursion Tuesday, and drove 1000 mile round trip to see my parents for thanksgiving with no issue. Kinda waiting to see if it comes back now or not. We all know how good Dorman parts are. Although I have had a cut out above 3000ish ever since putting this motor in, reckon it could be something with cam/crank, although the only thing off when it does it is icp jumps all over the place. Will go from 4.7ish to 3.0 and bounce back and forth. We thought it was blowing the ipr open, but swapped ipr with no change, and we’ve been pulling icp in the tune with no change. Think we’ve got it maxed out at 4.2 or something now…

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Cutting out at high rpms is often times a sticking IPR valve.

Yeah, changed it. Thought maybe having an 04 ipr in an 05 pump may have been part of the issue as well, so put an 05 ipr in it when I did it. Not entirely sure what the differences are, just know there are different part numbers