Left front speaker INOP

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Even with new speaker can't get sound from left front. Even took head unit out and verified wiring still good. Any ideas?

mustube

Reaction score
How did you verify the wiring was good? Check resistance from speaker pigtail to radio plug? If you still have the stock radio I have seen that before on a rear speaker but the guy that owned the truck didn't care to look into it any further.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Aftermarket had unit. I do not have my meter so I did not ohm out, just checked out connections.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Aftermarket had unit. I do not have my meter so I did not ohm out, just checked out connections.

So then you hooked the speaker up to the two wires on the headunit to verify you didnt lose a channel right? Which would have resolved EVERY issue right off the bat.

Might want to move that speaker to the pass side front and make sure its not a smoked speaker first.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I just finally had to break down and order a head unit for mine this week. My factory head unit lost both left channels, which wasn't very convenient.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Tried different speaker yes, but your probably right about losing a channel. New head unit it is

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck has the stock headunit in it since 07. I kept losing channels in aftermarket units and got pissed. Id like an inexpensive, touchscreen but I hqvent a clue what to buy.

Is it safe to say I could go and replace everything with walmart pioneer crap and have a better sounding system? Although I did replace the speakers last fall. The pioneers in the door are so nice and clean. I removed the factory crap from factory speakers and resoldered them=plug and play.

Sorry for the derail ctc but could I buy a sub, amp, headunit and wire it all up and it would sound fairly good. I would like a sub or two in it. Maybe an 8 and a 10. Filter the ten so only really low frequencies can go through it? Is this possible?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.