Offroad bumpers

bhudson

Reaction score
Looking at Offroad bumpers. 2021 F 350. What do y’all recommend? I want something strong. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I personally run GR Texas style bumpers on all my trucks front and rear, a lot cheaper than ranch hand and built with heavier metal. I like the style of them as well and you can keep your factory receiver on the rear with their bumper. I’ll get pictures when I get home if you like.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Here’s a couple of their bumpers. Rear is kinda all the same but different mounting of course, and the fronts will change a little bit

Attachments

• IMG_4451.jpeg
    IMG_4451.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4452.jpeg
    IMG_4452.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 51

bhudson

Reaction score
Thank you. Those are nice, but didn’t really want the diamond plate type metal. Any recommendations on something more heavy duty? Also, don’t want aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeTo

Reaction score
Very cool, I don't see any prices. What do they run about. I'm going to be purchasing one in a month or two. I need to get a DCR on my 22 first.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Depends on your location, but call and ask for a dealer near you. I know 4 mile trailer in OK has great cash prices, i won’t speak for the dealers but the gr bumpers are close to half the price as ranch hand and better quality

MeTo

Reaction score
I just checked the difference between schedule 30 (GR Trailer) versus schedule 40 pipe (Ranch Hand).

Schedule 30 wall thickness: 0.188"
Schedule 40 wall thickness: 0.237"

I need to think about that? The purchase price is attractive, but I'm investing in the bumper to keep a deer's/millennial's ass out of the grill. We are full time RVers. In the end, it could mean the difference between being able to keep driving OR a tow truck and waiting weeks or months to get it fixed. Not having the truck to pull our shack is a big deal.

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
I hit a cow with mine recently, a herd got loose near the house and I smacked a 1400lb cow doing 25 ish mph. It did zero damage to the bumper, but it did ruin my beef plate so had to replace that lol. Not sure where the extra weight is, but I weighed both gr and ranch hand at my dealer when I bought it and the gr was 15 pounds heavier and half the cost so it was a no brainer, and now I know how they handle a hit too. I’ll get a pic of mine here in a bit to show no damage

ncollins64

Reaction score
Here’s the front, I’ll have to get a pic of the rear which I really like too since I can still use the stock hitch. Maybe I’m biased, but I’ve ran ranch hands for years on all the farm trucks and now these, and I’ll continue to run these.

Attachments

• IMG_4573.jpeg
    IMG_4573.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 45

MeTo

Reaction score
That's some convincing info. I had a Ranch Hand Legend on my OBS for a couple of decades, so I know what it was. I saw first hand how it slung venison. I think I'm going to visit a dealer and do a good inspection.

Reaction score
I’ve been using Peacemaker bumpers on my trucks. Last truck was a 2019 F-250 and I put another on my 2023 F-350. Quality and pricing are good.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know it may not be company these types of trucks use, but I have a ADD bumper on my raptor and it has been solid so far.