Ported 7.3 heads

GRN250

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures, of the intake area of their 7.3 ported heads, they would be willing to share? I am looking for increased performance for a daily driver/play truck and not full-on racing/pulling. Considering attempting the task myself. Thanks.

Last edited:

BrewTown

Reaction score
I can't help you with pictures or experience. David Vizard has some books on it and the theory behind it though. Video's on youtube also.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Also check with Zach Pierce with Pierce diesel performance. He’s got the 7.3 platform perfected and I got to see his head work while he was dialing it in, quite impressive.
Really? How does he compare to swamps when swamps was king of headwork on these dinosaurs??

ncollins64

Reaction score
I know the guy that has helped Zach and the stuff they’ve done is wild. I can’t go into detail but Zach would be great to talk to or send your heads too. All that to be said, Swamps is history. They sold to Jenifer and they screwed me out of a billet rod, balanced, cammed built 7.3 short block. She said “I don’t know where your engine is.” And that was 2 years ago. No communication, crappy work and service, and the back of the shop is just a bunch of kids working. Needless to say the lawyers are now involved, she’s filed bankruptcy etc etc so it’s a shit show. I’ll do whatever I can to further ruin swamps.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I know the guy that has helped Zach and the stuff they’ve done is wild. I can’t go into detail but Zach would be great to talk to or send your heads too. All that to be said, Swamps is history. They sold to Jenifer and they screwed me out of a billet rod, balanced, cammed built 7.3 short block. She said “I don’t know where your engine is.” And that was 2 years ago. No communication, crappy work and service, and the back of the shop is just a bunch of kids working. Needless to say the lawyers are now involved, she’s filed bankruptcy etc etc so it’s a shit show. I’ll do whatever I can to further ruin swamps.
Thats to bad. Dave made a big name. Its not his fault. Lol... completely understandable though.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thats sweet! I still love seeing improvements on the ole girls... if i ever have to buy a different truck. Im going back to the 7.3s.. with a mechanical pump in the vally.
That would be a neat build! I uses to want "big" power in a DD 7.3. But, my next build might only have 100% nozzles. I love my 200%, but, with 100% you can still get over 600 to the ground, more than enough for a DD towing rig. I can't help but think 100% would be cleaner in a cold start as well.

SynViks

Reaction score
With regards to the OPs request, would also be interested in seeing some ported heads, even just some pics of a well cleaned up intake would be helpful. All the old links in various forums are long dead.

Members online

No members online now.