Strictly diesel hutch mod fuel line problems

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
I have an 03' 7.3 liter F350 and am in the middle of the hutch mod. I bought the kit from strictly diesel and for the life of me I can't get the hose connected to the fuel tank. The hose is a nylon braided hose and it will not fit over ridge from the larger line.

I have tried a heating gun, boiling water and lubrication, along with 2 friends who are professionals.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

rascal

Reaction score
I remember when I did mine (same kit) and it was a b!tch. However, it eventually went on.

If I remember correctly I used a hair dryer to heat it up a bit and brute force to get it on there.

Good luck.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I have an 03' 7.3 liter F350 and am in the middle of the hutch mod. I bought the kit from strictly diesel and for the life of me I can't get the hose connected to the fuel tank. The hose is a nylon braided hose and it will not fit over ridge from the larger line.

I have tried a heating gun, boiling water and lubrication, along with 2 friends who are professionals.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Not sure if you are the one that emailed me a few days ago, but if you absolutely can't get the hose over the quick disconnect lip, you can just pust it up against it and clamp it. You would want to cut off the end that you've been trying to push over the lip and make sure you are using a nice, freshly cut-off end...it should fit snug enough by itself that a clamp will have no problem sealing it up.

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
Rascal, thank you for the reply at least I know it's just not mine being a pain in the butt. Strictly, yes you did email me. I thought since it has been that that style hose for so long someone had Some further insite.

I am reluctant to use one clamp as I have heard of other having problems with air when they single clamp.

Does anyone know if the regular rubber hose without the nylon coating is easier to get installed? If so maybe I can use a shot piece of that at the fittings.

Thanks

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
It's not the outside braid that is causing you the problems. ANY "pushlok" hose will be stubborn...because of the INTERNAL braid (between the inner and outer layer). That braid is what makes the pushlok hose hold up to 300psi when installed on a pushlok fitting.

You could try some generic 3/8 "fuel hose" from the auto parts store, it won't have the pressure rating and may be a bit more forgiving.

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
AE8C2D9B-62F3-4AB2-9F00-196A89E6C786_zpsi6nanq8a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

9D2B6A7B-2649-4BEC-98FE-9AA3B85B46A0_zps6mi0y28m.jpg

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
Just as a follow up incase someone in the future needs this thread I ended up grinding just a little bit off the flange. The hose still did not push all the way forward as it does I. The instructions but it was far enough to get the second clamp on.

Reaction score
I just did my fuel system a week ago. I had the fuel line sitting out in the sun while I pulled the fuel tank and did the mods in the tank. When I went to install the line I dipped the end of the fuel line in diesel and put a little diesel on the hard line on top of the tank. It's tough to push it over that lip, but it will go. Mine was pretty tough to get on there even with everything lubed and the line was pretty nice and warm.