Webshots...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
This is something I posted on Diesel Bombers this morning in our mod section... Figured alot of you have the same issue and may want a heads up...

Something to keep in mind guys, those of you that have done any write ups over the years, that use webshots for anything...

They were bought out a few months ago and are starting a new "service". They are shutting down webshots at the first of the year.

I am not sure, but I would assume any of your links to pictures there will go dead once they do that.

You can contact them, and they will zip all your pictures for you to easily down load, but now I need to find a new place to host them all, and will have to go back and edit everyone of the write ups...

Just an FYI.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I am sure it would work fine. I may end up transfering all mine there, but it means changing every link in every write up I have ever done. Just pisses me off.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^dude I'm ****ing furious about that whole webshots thing. Been with them forever and now they are going around and messing with a good thing. If the BS doesn't stop, I'll be moving over to photobucket. I had to have all 280 of my pictures zipped and downloaded.

genuineford

Reaction score
^dude I'm ****ing furious about that whole webshots thing. Been with them forever and now they are going around and messing with a good thing. If the BS doesn't stop, I'll be moving over to photobucket. I had to have all 280 of my pictures zipped and downloaded.

285 haha. All 3649 of mine are basically useless. I switched over to photobucket also.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^wow!! Did you get the zipfile from them so you dont lose your pics???? I'll have to go check them out today actually.. supposedly on Dec1 is when they were doing the change-over so I wonder what they've done over there.

genuineford

Reaction score
Yeah i got like 6 zip files. I have most of my pictures backed up on 1 of 2 computers but there are a few that were not.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I looked yesterday and everything seems to be back to normal on webshots, I can upload and tag and browse like normal again..

MossBack

Reaction score
I have been using dropbox and it has up to 16gb free space. (3gb to start) I think that it would work perfect for write ups and everything because you can link for only the items you want others to see. I have used it for movies and works good.

Use my link to sign up and we each get 500mb free! Here

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You must have a saved page or something, because its dead for me now...

Odd.. I just tried now on another computer, and my damn login isn't working. But @ work, it let me in and let me upload and stuff that I couldn't do until the first of this month or whatever.

Latest posts

Members online