'02 F350 from Nevada

JackE

Reaction score
New to the PS game and this site. Mechanic by trade, State worker by choice, but only for a few more days. I retire in 42 working days!

So, in the interest of being an old retired guy and traveling the country, I found a 2002 F350 Lariat, CCLB, SRW with 240K miles. I have been watching this truck for about 10 years, even borrowed it a time or two for some heavy lifting. It has needed a few small maintenance items over the last few weeks, and still a few more I'm working out. Last week I bought a 42' 5th wheel and towed it about 250 miles home. The list of repairs and mods grew exponentially on that ride home!

Before I went after the trailer I changed all the shocks and steering stabilizer, added the 3 in 1 boost, Trans temp, and EGT gauge, Billet compressor wheel, intercooler hoses, wheel bearing, clock spring, ball joints, new tires, and alignment. A quick trip into the Arizona sun last weekend necessitated a recharge on the A/C, and I picked up some tint for the front windows.

Looking forward to the new journey in life with the truck and trailer, and lots of insight from this forum!

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
That is awesome, Congrats. Not too far from doing the same thing.

I have had my truck for just over 20 years. 170K on it. (but it's a 95)

Anyway, having driven it all over the country then letting it sit for a few years, now getting it back up to snuff to drive all over the country again is not an easy task but well worth it.

There will always be something else on the list to add or change, or improve.

The more you travel in it the more you will know how to tailor it to your needs. My latest round of changes has been focused on low rpm power. I don't run 80mph all the time anymore so now I am changing turbo housing and programming to get more out of the low end where I drive.

It is nice you know the truck and are not starting from scratch, also great that you are not having to fork over 70K for a new one when this will do whatever you want it to.

Latest posts

Members online