2011 6.7 600 horsepower goal

hlejeune6.7

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve posted here a few times and I’ve since purchased a fleece turbo (retrofit kit needed) and I need a hpfp. Im stuck between the 15+ pump and the RCD/Exergy stroker pump. My biggest concern with the strokers is price and longevity. The stroker pumps are $1200 more than an oem 15 pump and also I’ve read on here that strokers do not last as long.

My next point, according to my research, the 15 pump is pretty much tapped out at 580 hp while the strokers will support 650. So should I settle for a little less power than my goal for more longevity? Or are stroker pumps actually not that bad as they seem?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Exergy 10mm is rated for 800+HP. So is the RCD 10MM and the Warren 10mm

kcstreetracer

Reaction score
I'm kind of wondering this myself, but not worried about the longevity of the pump. Its the bottom end im worried about. I have a 366 and all the supporting mods to go with it. I think a stroker could be pushing it if the tune level isn't kept in check

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hlejeune6.7

Reaction score
I'm kind of wondering this myself, but not worried about the longevity of the pump. Its the bottom end im worried about. I have a 366 and all the supporting mods to go with it. I think a stroker could be pushing it if the tune level isn't kept in check

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You should be fine being you have a non vgt turbo. That drive pressure is way lower than that of a vgt charger.

harrelljr99

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve posted here a few times and I’ve since purchased a fleece turbo (retrofit kit needed) and I need a hpfp. Im stuck between the 15+ pump and the RCD/Exergy stroker pump. My biggest concern with the strokers is price and longevity. The stroker pumps are $1200 more than an oem 15 pump and also I’ve read on here that strokers do not last as long.

My next point, according to my research, the 15 pump is pretty much tapped out at 580 hp while the strokers will support 650. So should I settle for a little less power than my goal for more longevity? Or are stroker pumps actually not that bad as they seem?

First I’ve heard of exergy stroker pumps not lasting as long as oem. They have they come with the system saver upgraded inlet metering valve that has Upgraded heavy duty FPRV Screen.

I can report no problems from after about 60,000 miles with it and a cheetah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hlejeune6.7

Reaction score
First I’ve heard of exergy stroker pumps not lasting as long as oem. They have they come with the system saver upgraded inlet metering valve that has Upgraded heavy duty FPRV Screen.

I can report no problems from after about 60,000 miles with it and a cheetah.

How do you like your cheetah? You ever put it on a dyno? I just bought one myself but have yet to put it on.

harrelljr99

Reaction score
How do you like your cheetah? You ever put it on a dyno? I just bought one myself but have yet to put it on.

Love it. No I haven’t but have seen a dyno sheet with the same setup putting down about 650 hp

harrelljr99

Reaction score

IMG_5019.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Exergy tests all CP3's and CP4's stock and stroker versions for a 100k mile life

97stoker350

Reaction score
Idk why people shoot for a ho goal then buy parts that barely get them there. IMO buying parts that you plan to run at max effort all the time is the worst decision you can make. Buy what will surpass your goal and load a tune in the thing to suit your comfort level.

jbolen323

Reaction score
My 2012 with our Kc stage 1 Whistler hits roughly 590-615 consistently on our dyno with 300k and a stock 11-14 cp4. I have not upgraded it.

Roughly the 15 cp4 will get you another 50hp since you can run a stronger tune.

Latest posts

Members online