2011 Leaking..

J98

Reaction score
Guessing I am lucky enough to have an upper oil pan leak. Is there any other spots I'm not thinking of it could be leaking from?

I'm guessing the CCV wasn't serviced, truck has a bit of blow by but no out of the ordinary for 6.7 standards.

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Probably got a rear main leaking as well, about every upper pan I did had a leaking rear main as well. Also seen a decent amount of front covers leaking. Ford says to pull the upper pan to do the front cover, I always did to cover my ass, I’m sure other guys have done them without it though.

Actually just paid attention to the year of the truck. Lol. Those had a gasket, not silicone for the upper pan. They’re a lot easier to do, as you ain’t gotta worry about smearing the silicone. Check the vacuum pump for leaking. Seen a ton of those on the earlier ones, pretty much every one I did that was leaking, all the bolts were loose. Quick gasket change and a long clean up time and it was good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J98

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the vac pump, I will check that tomorrow.

I have read a few conflicting opinions on whether the upper oil pan needs to be replaced or not? Sounds like they are prone to warp upon removal but some just retorque the bolts and call it good.

Last edited:

J98

Reaction score
Update.

Was wrenching on the truck last night and it doesn't appear the vac pump is leaking. When I was installing the CCV reroute kit, I noticed a bit of residue below the oil fill tube. My guess is someone tried to top it off without a funnel or does the fill tube oring go bad overtime?

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The fill tube o ring could have failed. However, it could also be something with the injector leaking. Make sure it’s not fuel, if it is, could be the jumper tube, which shouldn’t start leaking out of nowhere, but weirder shit has happened, the return line could have started leaking, either getting a small crack in it, or the hose getting porous. If it is oil, the fill tube o ring is a possibility, as is the injector to valve cover seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online