2019 tuning

kleake

Reaction score
I've had my 2019 for a few months now and pretty much narrowed down that I want the Ezlynk tuner, but I can't decide on the best route to purchase, and what tunes. My old 6.4 I used a Mini-max and loved it, and the way I could switch between tunes, trans tunes, etc, but from what I am seeing, those days are long gone. I'm likely going to end up with emissions intact, although I prefer the other route, it just doesn't look as simple as it used to be. So I have a few questions.

1. Do I buy the tuner by itself ($500ish), then find the tunes I want to run on it later or is it cheaper as a bundle?

2. Can I set myself as the "tech" so if whatever company I go through ends up out of business, i'm not stuck? (I've heard some of the horror stories with this, and my son had his setup as himself as the tech, but most don't offer this from what I can see)

3. What tunes are recommended? PPEI, Calibrated, GPD, or others?

4. If I purchase clean tunes, then later decide on dirty tunes, can i just select between the two as I wish, or do I always have to go back to the "tech" to get it done? Basically I want as much control over my tuning as I had with the mini-max on the 6.4.

Feel free to PM me if need be, I know some of this is not talked about the same as it used to be.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online