2022 F250 Build/Mod/Spam Thread

Black AOD

Reaction score
I did not know these were out for the 20+ trucks yet!
If so I’m getting one.
I voided my warranty at 10k so f it lol

The DCR pumps work for all years including 23

Just pay attention to the posting about the fuel line for 20+ trucks, it’s on S&S website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have had this happen about three times.
Found out if you start it and immediately put it in gear, it won’t fully engage the tc.
Like it slips.
I’m guessing the pump takes a moment to build pressure.
I give it about 10 sec after start to put it in drive then no more slippy.
Definitely odd tho, as my ‘16 goes into gear the moment it gets started and never this issue
My 2010 exploder buggy does the same thing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
From what I've seen... no. And honestly, I wouldn't want to give the asshats at Ford any reason to void a warranty. I still haven't decided if I'm going to add the DPK or not while it's under warranty. Honestly feel like if the CP4 goes I'm screwed either way.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
Why are you worried about the cp4? Did they change it from the prior years? If not, Just make sure to treat every fillup with fuel that you do summer or winter.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The DCR pumps work for all years including 23

Just pay attention to the posting about the fuel line for 20+ trucks, it’s on S&S website

Whats this DCR pump? I have been out of the loop for a while. Being a poor folk, i stopped looking at mods a while ago.. lol.. just been trying to keep good fluids in the ole girl.

SoGrand

Reaction score
Whats this DCR pump? I have been out of the loop for a while. Being a poor folk, i stopped looking at mods a while ago.. lol.. just been trying to keep good fluids in the ole girl.
I would buy a CPX pump before I would buy a DCR. Just my opinion.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Why are you worried about the cp4? Did they change it from the prior years? If not, Just make sure to treat every fillup with fuel that you do summer or winter.

It's basically a pinned piston pump, unlike the CP4.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

It's basically a pinned piston pump, unlike the CP4.

That's wicked!!

Black AOD

Reaction score
It’s RCDs updated version of the CP4. They pinned the internal lifter buckets I believe and a few other mods. Helps to prevent implosion if it gets air or bad fuel and detonates.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s RCDs updated version of the CP4. They pinned the internal lifter buckets I believe and a few other mods. Helps to prevent implosion if it gets air or bad fuel and detonates.

I like the idea behind there pump. With the buckets pinned they can no longer rotate under a suction situation. Like gelling, fuel filter not installed correctly.

Black AOD

Reaction score
But, if the barrels no longer spin, the pump should not go bad like it does. The barrels spinning is what makes them self destruct.

You are Correct, but CP4s still have other issues beyond that. They aren’t as common but I’m just not a big fan of the CP4 at all.

It’s also a modified pump too, there isn’t a lot of testing out yet to show what they do with bad fuel or air in them to see how the pinned buckets do over time.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
You are Correct, but CP4s still have other issues beyond that. They aren’t as common but I’m just not a big fan of the CP4 at all.

It’s also a modified pump too, there isn’t a lot of testing out yet to show what they do with bad fuel or air in them to see how the pinned buckets do over time.

I hear you. The tighter tolerance are, the more likely of damage.

I'm just really hopeful they are a success!

hskfab

Reaction score
I hear you. The tighter tolerance are, the more likely of damage.

I'm just really hopeful they are a success!
I have their stroker pump. Time will tell. I may add that when I pulled my stock pump at 170k miles to do the swap, I pulled the buckets. Zero wear. To me the cp4 isn't the boogeyman it's made out to be. It's definitely dependent on owner habits.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I have their stroker pump. Time will tell. I may add that when I pulled my stock pump at 170k miles to do the swap, I pulled the buckets. Zero wear. To me the cp4 isn't the boogeyman it's made out to be. It's definitely dependent on owner habits.

This is very true to be honest. I agree that owner maintenance and fuel treatment habits are potentially a huge part of cp4 failures. On the other hand, a ton of people have still done the right thing and they still fail in many ways

Latest posts

Members online