4r100 issue p0717 & p0715

Reaction score
Driving today felt a decent bang and lost Od.

Hooked up to AE and getting p0717 and p0715. Turbine speed sensor no circuit.

It’s about a 9yr old bts trans.

I also had code p0741 but it hasn’t returned since I cleared it. Tcc clutch circuit performance or stuck off

Reaction score
If you are mechanically talented, you can pull the trans and rebuild it for a fraction of a rebuild. I can walk you through every step and have you do it the right way by having you check and do tests on components and sections that most shops fail to do and is the reason for nightmare repeat failures that you hear and read about. I’m available for phone consultations.

Reaction score
If you are mechanically talented, you can pull the trans and rebuild it for a fraction of a rebuild. I can walk you through every step and have you do it the right way by having you check and do tests on components and sections that most shops fail to do and is the reason for nightmare repeat failures that you hear and read about. I’m available for phone consultations.
Haven’t had a chance to check pcm wires to trans, but I did throw a new turbine speed sensor in it. It worked for about 5 minutes normal and then went back to the same issues.

According to my Ae with over drive on I get constant torque convert slip up to 1900 or so in gears 1-3. It won’t shift into OD like this though and the rpms jump up and down from what feels like the tc attempting to lock / unlock.

With overdrive off the tc locks and unlocks as it should.

Very strange

Reaction score
If you felt a bang and lost OD, the OEM style snap ring might have popped off the OD piston return spring. They like to do that. Sonnax makes an upgrade spring that will not pop off. It is a spiral ring that has ends that lock together.
I can post the pinpoint test for the two codes. They are electrical and at the end if electrical checks out, internal concerns is listed. The electrical issues that you check do not cause a bang. When those two codes come up and it is mechanical, it’s in the OD or coast clutch. The coast clutch usually causes shavings and they stick to the TSS magnet if driven for a bit.

Reaction score
Both go to pinpoint test F.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Finally got around to testing the wires.

Ccs- 0.0
Tcc- 0.0

Looks like I have a break in both these wires

Reaction score
If you felt a bang and lost OD, the OEM style snap ring might have popped off the OD piston return spring. They like to do that. Sonnax makes an upgrade spring that will not pop off. It is a spiral ring that has ends that lock together.
I can post the pinpoint test for the two codes. They are electrical and at the end if electrical checks out, internal concerns is listed. The electrical issues that you check do not cause a bang. When those two codes come up and it is mechanical, it’s in the OD or coast clutch. The coast clutch usually causes shavings and they stick to the TSS magnet if driven for a bit.

Finally found metal shavings on the magnet.. sounds like it may be the coast clutch like you suggested.

Do you think this caused severe internal issues requiring a full overhaul or a scenario where the broken part is replaced and put back together

Reaction score
Just seeing your post, I’ve been super busy.
You have to pull it out and strip it down, clean everything, inspect everything. Doubt much damage was done. You will need a reseal kit. Probably new coast clutch discs and bonded piston seal. I won’t know what else till I see photos but you can do it way cheaper than getting a rebuilt trans and can make it better than that by correcting some engineering flaws.

Reaction score
Probably the best course of action for you, based on the content of your posts and related timeline is to reach out to the guy who is s on all forums pretending to be a “ Former Ford Transmission Engineer”. He is not. It’s been confirmed. Heck.. On Linked In, He states that he was an engine engineer and concept car designer.
You boys on these forums got smoked by a dude selling BBQ out of a converted landscape trailer in Florida, pulled by a 23 year old truck.

Reaction score
Probably the best course of action for you, based on the content of your posts and related timeline is to reach out to the guy who is s on all forums pretending to be a “ Former Ford Transmission Engineer”. He is not. It’s been confirmed. Heck.. On Linked In, He states that he was an engine engineer and concept car designer.
You boys on these forums got smoked by a dude selling BBQ out of a converted landscape trailer in Florida, pulled by a 23 year old truck.
Not exactly sure what you’re getting at. Just looking for some advice on what the issue may be. Anyway, I appreciate your advice / help thus far.

I’ll have the truck back tomorrow and will pull the trans.

Latest posts

Members online