4x4 ESOF HELP!

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Ok long story short when I got my truck back from getting studs my mechanic told me that he had to plug one of the vac hoses to get my ac to work and that I needed a new PVH Solenoid for the 4wd to work. I can hear the vacum run when I start the truck but when I connect the hose to the solenoid my ac blows through defrost and 4wd wont engage although the light comes on. Any ideas? Also the vacum pump was replaced a year ago and I checked the hose going to each of the hubs.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Sounds like the PVH(Pulse Vacuum Hub) solenoid.

Trace the vacuum line from the solenoid to where it goes into an elbow. Disconnect it at this point, plug the line going back to the solenoid and test the system. If the defroster still comes on like it did before, the solenoid is bad.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Same happened to mine. If you know somebody else with ESOF borrow their PVH solenoid (pass side on inner fender by vacuum canister) its only two bolts. Atleast thats how I found mine to be bad.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Wow guys thanks for the fast replys, got a buddy with an 04 thats gonna try and meet up tomorrow so I can swap solenoids to be sure. This is the line thats plugged when I unplug it I can feel suction and when I plug it into the PVH I get defrost and no engage.
2vjucfk.jpg

Zmann

Reaction score
That dude is painful to watch lol

one of those two lines should have vacuum all the time the PVH should stop the vacuum from going to the hubs at all times other than when the selector for 4l 4h is actuated then the PVH will send a short duration of vacuum to lock or unlock the hubs then it blocks the vacuum again
if need be sunrise ford sells them for 50ish to your door

Last edited:

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Zmann I looked up sunrise ford and there's a couple different sites which one is it? Thanks

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Alright guys I went and put a new pvh in and didn't fix the problem I found a small leak in the hose which I missed before. Truck will now engage 4hi but I can't get the low range light to come on any ideas?

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Probably a silly question but are you in neutral with your foot on the brake?

Does the transfer go into low and you are just not getting the light?

Latest posts

Members online