4x4 problem

ckrueg

Reaction score
Well I was rotating my tires the other day so I decided to check my auto hubs. The switch would lock the hubs but only for a couple minutes, then they would unlock. Also when driving in the winter sometimes I would start to spin the rear tires and then the front would lock in and I would have 4x4. Is this a vacuum issue?

sootie

Reaction score
yes it is a vacuum issue. i would get a hand vacuum pump and go over all the vacuum lines from joint to joint and see where your leak is. start off with the hub itself

ckrueg

Reaction score
Winter finally came and I decided to fix this. I've tracked down the problem to a vacuum leak in my passenger side hub. What do I need to replace to fix this? Can seem to find a clear answer as most threads end up with a bad vacuum solenoid

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GregW

Reaction score
If the hub is still in good shape, just replace the seals. The inner seal where the axle comes through, and there's an o-ring inside the hub.

ckrueg

Reaction score
If the hub is still in good shape, just replace the seals. The inner seal where the axle comes through, and there's an o-ring inside the hub.
Thanks. the hubs themselves appear to be fine but the u joints are going. They dont rotate easily when the wheel is turned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online