6.0 VGT compounds FTW!!!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
6.0 VGT compounds FTW!!!

KC S2r vgt and s476sxe
758hp
1266tq

EBP is not an issue AT ALL. No wastegate needed. Truck runs awesome, traction is the only issue LOL. Cleans up 250/75s to NOTHING at wot (only dumps about 225cc with 75% nozzles), runs about as clean as a stock injector truck at WOT. Once we get our trans issues figured out we plan to back those numbers up at the track.

We have been quietly working on the tuning side of this issue which is the only thing that has been holding us back from utilizing a High Pressure vgt in a compound setup like the Dmax guys (who have great luck with it). They are essentially the same turbo on the inside, the only issue has been tuning. We have been working with a couple of tuners and have a special sensor that fixes all the issues normally associated with running vgt compounds in the past.

Anyone looking to run vgt compounds on the 6.0 can hit us up with any tuning questions and we can get you taken care of.

[email protected]

sePJeld.png

shmoozer

Reaction score
That's awesome!! So glad this is finally coming around. Great work! That has to be a blast to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
This is exciting Charlie! You have any videos for us?

I have dyno videos but those are boring.

Trans is having issues shifting 1-2 right now. We are going to swap it this weekend. If all goes well I will have some driving videos and then hopefully hit up the track next Friday.

smoker00

Reaction score
Can't wait to try this on the wife's 07 I have the old gtx4294 off my 7.3.. would love to see a under hood pic..

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Can't wait to try this on the wife's 07 I have the old gtx4294 off my 7.3.. would love to see a under hood pic..

Not sure that is a good idea... the gt42 does not have a very big turbine wheel, it will be too restrictive.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
The bigger the better LOL... An 82x75 turbine is gonna be pretty small for a compound setup.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Had a blast with some friends last night at the track.

11.90 @ 113mph fuel only to back up my 758hp dyno number a few weeks ago.
#needmorefuel because it runs about as clean as a stock truck.

My reaction time still sucks, but I have been trying to work on my launch. I am sure my bald all terrain tires dont help (aka poor man slicks LOL) Front end started getting really squirly... you can hear/see it in the video.

Had a blast with some friends last night at the track.

11.90 @ 113mph fuel only to back up my 758hp dyno number a few weeks ago. #needmorefuel because it runs about as clean as a stock truck.

My reaction time still sucks, but I have been trying to work on my launch. I am sure my bald all terrain tires dont help (aka poor man slicks LOL) Front end started getting really squirly... you can hear/see it in the video.

https://youtu.be/jRWsUxJdcOg

ztoehWrl.jpg

KCTurbos

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jRWsUxJdcOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/jRWsUxJdcOg

Anybody know the right code to embed the video LOL... all of them just show up as URLs on my end.

Latest posts

Members online