6.4 Blend Door issue

ncollins64

Reaction score
Ok guys I’m trying to decide if I want to tackle this or just let ford. Truck is a 2008 6.4 F350, dual climate control, when the ac is on the 2 passenger vents blow cold and the 2 driver side vents and floor blows hot. Does anyone know which blend door actuator controls the driver side and floor? Are there just 2 blend door actuators in this truck?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok guys I’m trying to decide if I want to tackle this or just let ford. Truck is a 2008 6.4 F350, dual climate control, when the ac is on the 2 passenger vents blow cold and the 2 driver side vents and floor blows hot. Does anyone know which blend door actuator controls the driver side and floor? Are there just 2 blend door actuators in this truck?

Pretty sure drivers side blend door actuator is on the bottom of the evap box right on the tunnel. Got to pull the dash and evap case for it. Not a hard job, but I’d check the evap and heater cores for plugging while you’re in there, and probably replace all the actuators. They’re fairly cheap, around 100 bucks each if I remember right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
Just 2 actuators total? They’ve actually went down in price, like $30 from my ford dealer. If they aren’t a pain I’ll just replace all the actuators.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Just 2 actuators total? They’ve actually went down in price, like $30 from my ford dealer. If they aren’t a pain I’ll just replace all the actuators.

Think there’s 3 or 4 total. Driver and passenger blend, defrost, and recirc. Could be 3 though

webb06

Reaction score
Should be 4 total. You can do them all with the dash in the truck. Although some of them can be a pain and requires disassembly of some of the piping inside the dash. The driver temp is the one right above the tunnel but can be done with the dash and hvac box in the truck. I’m sure there’s a YouTube video of doing them all.

sootie

Reaction score
As already said, there are three actuators on that truck. THe one you need to replace is above the trans tunnel. FOrd instructions say to remove the dash but i did it with it in. Just have to flex some stuff and be prepares for some plastic cuts. three hours total the first time I did it,

sootie

Reaction score
oh its a pain....the one you need to replace is the easiest lol

ncollins64

Reaction score
Alright I’m finally getting around to this. The truck has the dual climate control too. After playing with all settings here is what I’ve come up with. The floor setting works correctly, the dash works, when I have it on dash and floor it works, defrost and floor works, but when I go to just defrost it still blows out the floor too? Also, when AC is on, the passenger side blows cold and the driver is hot, passenger side temp can adjust and the driver vents blow hot all the time. All this to be said, should I replace all 3 of the blend doors or a specific one to fix this issue? Thanks

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
Left blend door? I know of the 3, one by the gas pedal, one behind radio and the other under to the left of the glovebox? What exactly is the mode door actuator?

TD-5

Reaction score
Some more info in this thread:

Latest posts

Members online