6.4 idling at 770-800 rpms WTF

Cory S

Reaction score
So it just started doing this sometimes any clue what it could be? And also I am getting a sound like an egr valve cycling but have to egr. And no change in exhaust note.

Mpoage

Reaction score
What about the pressure sensor. You might crawl under there and make sure its still plugged in.

BFT

Reaction score
Do you mean it will go up in RPM if you tap the throttle? I get that sometimes, seems like its in regen or something along those lines, right?
Another thing on the cycling noise, if you have the A/C on it will make that noise, just an FYI

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the one that always freaks me out is you give it some throttle to back up and it kinda hangs for a bit. Only happened to me about ten times but it freaks me out every time

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Check your air intake boots and make sure they are tight and not loose. That will make it idle weird or low, a bad or unhooked DPF sensor will make it idle high like around 1000.

Pjmobb

Reaction score
I have the exact same thing happening with my truck. I know this is an old thread. Just hoping to get some info before I take it to the "stealership". What did you find out? Mine is intermittent. I can turn it off start it back up and sometimes I am good for a day or 5min. Idles about 650-680 and when it's screwing up it idles about 750-800rpm.

Latest posts

Members online