6.4 or 6.7 build

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I just sold a 2008 6.4 built to 600 horse power. should I build a 6 .7 liter or should I build a 64 again . Any input on this would be helpful in the market to buy another just as a crew cab

RSK

Reaction score
I'd build another 6.4 personally, what is it gonna be used for and why did you sell it? what did you build consist of to achieve 600hp, because my 6.4 puts down 550 to the tires right now on 35's and on stock wheels and tires would really close to 600... otherwise bolting on a 72mm atmospheric turbo would put over 600whp...

webb06

Reaction score
I was gunna say building a 6.4 to 600hp isn't much of anything around here lol build a 6.4 and go big with it this time is what I'd do.

Unless you have the coin for a 6.7

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I'm looking at a used 64 and used 67 width in 2000 dollars a part in price. Mainly wanting the truck just for a fun toy and drag race from time to time. Dual fuels, injectors, manifolds and up pipes tuning ported fuel rails airdog 165 with stage kit. Sold the truck because it was a manual transmission. I want an automatic they are faster than the stick

madman1234509

Reaction score
Probably better off with a 6.7. 6.4s are easy to make power, but the 6.7s are coming along quickly. Only downside is that you have to spend 3k on dual curlers before you can do too awful much. Give it time for a couple other shops to come up with dual set ups and the price will go down

Wemoy1

Reaction score
6r110 and what tunes I have my dash day from my last truck. Does elite make head studs for the engine and how is everyone bottom end holding up

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
I'd say 6.7 if you like 600 hp range because you will get a nicer truck all around but if want bigger power the 6.4 is probably better cause of rods.

600 hp 6r will be ok for a little bit, but not forever.

Just my .01 cents

Dzchey21

Reaction score
there are some disadvantages like dual pumps and rods right off the bat.

But you dont really need to worry about pistons and all the other crap that goes wrong with 6.4s that cost big money.

Morgan will have a drop in pump that will probably be big enough for most peoples needs

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Sweetnesd. Well I'm on the hunt for a good stock 6.7 now. I wanted some facts on 6.7 before I bought another 6.4

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Just remember those 6.7 rods need some good tunes to stay safe. They don't bend like the 6.4 do they break and window the blocks. Not saying that is going to happen everytime, but it easily can if your beating it.

Reaction score
Probably better off with a 6.7. 6.4s are easy to make power, but the 6.7s are coming along quickly. Only downside is that you have to spend 3k on dual curlers before you can do too awful much. Give it time for a couple other shops to come up with dual set ups and the price will go down

Our dual pump kit with pump for 6.4 is $2800

Our dual pump kit for 6.7 is $2599

Ok cool how are the 6r holding up

Decent under 600hp. Like everything it depends how you drive it.

there are some disadvantages like dual pumps and rods right off the bat.

But you dont really need to worry about pistons and all the other crap that goes wrong with 6.4s that cost big money.

Morgan will have a drop in pump that will probably be big enough for most peoples needs

Yeah, but as we know with the right parts stock fuel can be good for mid 500's and 600hp with 15 pumps. The stroker pump is almost ready, and I honestly think it will get close to 700 with the right scenario.

Overall the 6.7's are a ton more reliable. And nicer trucks to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. I am going to get a stock one john115 I have one more bill to pay before I make a final decision in the end of Feb of what color I'm going to look at. Morgan thank you for the parts info and reliability concern on the trans. I intend to stay stock for 6months and during the winter doing tunes egr delete turbo lowering wheels and tires. Along with other mods needed for 550 600 at the ground setup

Latest posts

Members online