A better 7.3 cam sensor!

Arisley

Reaction score
The very first wonder replacement for the original black one.

I remember when the original black ones were thought to be junk, now people will fight you for one.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The very first wonder replacement for the original black one.

I remember when the original black ones were thought to be junk, now people will fight you for one.
lol. no doubt.. every time I mention that I have a few originals stock piled, I always get a pm asking how much for one.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
most do that don't know better.. with anything but the original black cps, my dually would throw ghost codes on different cylinders each time I ran a cct.. but that doesn't mean it will run bad enough to cause concern.

some are bad out if the gate.. I had a hts101g last 2 hrs in my dually.. i put it in and drove it and 2 hrs later it was like someone just turned the key off..

live life full throttle

I have a new sensor (under 5K miles) and I seem to get the "key turned off" symptom after a hard pull in 4th and the shift to 5th the motor dies. I just coast in gear for about 3 seconds and it starts right back up like nothing happened. Other day it happened to me when taking off at a stop light for the first time. 1st gear about 1500 rpm and it just lost all power, always seems to start right back up though. Havent noticed if rain has anything to do with it like some have said...Sometimes it will happen 2 -3 times in a week and other times it will be a few weeks with no issues.

This is a RiffRaff sensor...Time to try another one i suppose.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a new sensor (under 5K miles) and I seem to get the "key turned off" symptom after a hard pull in 4th and the shift to 5th the motor dies. I just coast in gear for about 3 seconds and it starts right back up like nothing happened. Other day it happened to me when taking off at a stop light for the first time. 1st gear about 1500 rpm and it just lost all power, always seems to start right back up though. Havent noticed if rain has anything to do with it like some have said...Sometimes it will happen 2 -3 times in a week and other times it will be a few weeks with no issues.

This is a RiffRaff sensor...Time to try another one i suppose.
should have a soft code. scan it to make sure but I bet it is

live life full throttle

Reaction score
most do that don't know better.. with anything but the original black cps, my dually would throw ghost codes on different cylinders each time I ran a cct.. but that doesn't mean it will run bad enough to cause concern.

some are bad out if the gate.. I had a hts101g last 2 hrs in my dually.. i put it in and drove it and 2 hrs later it was like someone just turned the key off..

live life full throttle

I hate you right now, I fought so many cps related issues, a black one sure would've been nice to try. I honestly would've probably paid a pretty penny for one too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
a black one lasted one day before i took it out. it would die when coasting. Ive had a Alliant Power grey in or years. no issues. whoevers they are reboxing is a good product

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
a black one lasted one day before i took it out. it would die when coasting. Ive had a Alliant Power grey in or years. no issues. whoevers they are reboxing is a good product
I was having similar issues running my second black sensor. It finally quit working and I only had a international grey in the tool box but so far so good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

powerstroke95

Reaction score
I've always used the International grey sensors. Never had a problem. When they go out it seems to be sudden. But they seem to last a good while

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I've always used the International grey sensors. Never had a problem. When they go out it seems to be sudden. But they seem to last a good while
That black one was sudden, pulled in to a restaurant for a few margaritas and when I went to leave- nothing.. Changed it in the parking lot. I need to get a few more now, that was my last one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MeTo

Reaction score
FWIW, a few years ago I had a CPS episode. I wasted a lot of time and money on it. I finally cleaned all the under hood grounds and soldered a quality shielded cord in from the CPS to the PCM plug. I also ran the cord from the CPS to the passenger fender and across the firewall for extra electrical isolation. I have not had a issue since.
My choke now rides in the glove box.

Now if I could come up with a parking brake solution.

79jasper

Reaction score
You saying a shielded ground? Or replaced the wiring?
Start a thread for you p-brake, I recall some tips/fixes.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online