A few questions.

shaneaustinanderson

Reaction score
I bought a 2007 f-350 Lariat Outlaw about six months ago. Getting around to changing most of my wear items in the front end. As I had worn u joints and wheel bearings. I currently have new u joints, new hub assemblies, new axel seals, new brakes ,new upper and lower ball joints , tie rod ends. What else should I be looking to do ? Also what size adapter will I need to press ball joints in and out ? Truck has a 6 inch pro comp lift . Not sure of model numbers and such. But the shocks are probably needing replacing as well soon. What shocks are a good call for these trucks with 6 inches of lift? And last questions, front axle is Dana 60 correct? Which vacuum seal tool do i need to install axle seals? OTC 6697? Thanks for anyone who reads all that and gives me any help !

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Don't forget to replace the tracbar ball joint. That's a bitch, and you're almost better off having a shop tackle it if the price is right.

The factory steering gear is lack luster. There is a 2016 upgrade option but you'll have to search here and PS dot org for that one.

I redid all my front end and used a redhead gear box and it is tighter than before but I'll do the 2016 upgrade when that time comes.

On the shocks, I run procomp, bilstiens, fox and now adjustable ranchos. The adjustable's are the best bang for the buck IMHO. When rancho has sales, you can get the 3 for 4 pricing.

You can make the seal tool yourself but make sure everything on the assembly is burr free and clean or your auto hubs will leak and its a B$tch to track down the leak.

Good luck

PM directly if you have questions for me as I'm not online much.

Latest posts

Members online